• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC meet

headhunter09

imported post

So i have been thinking of setting up a OC meet somewhere here in boise and would like to hear our opinions on where to meet and what we could do? I was thinking of doing a lunch at a decent place and then maybe walk around down town boise and pick up trash or go to a park and do the same, or maybe even go to impact and do some shooting. I was hopping to set this up further in the month so everyone can plan for time off from work and save some money if need be.

So please give me your input and lets set up a good OC meet, also maybe do the boise zoo thing again if that is something people would like to do again. I would really like to meet some of the other OCers in boise and surrounding areas and to make some new friends. Possible do a brunch or earlier in the day and i was hopping we could do this on a saturday morning, I think down town is a good place just way before people start going to the bars to get drunk lol. So lets hear some good views and get something set up so i can let the place of wherever we go know that we are coming and to contact dispatch and inform them as well.

Thank you and safe carring.
Jim.

Conradm

imported post

I'm up for an OC meet. idk about picking up trash though... :p You should post this on Boiseshooters. Probably get way more input.

rjorstad

imported post

I would like to meet other oc'ers myself as I only know of one other. Some one set a date for maybe pizza and lets say Hi.

headhunter09

imported post

well i found out that some of the guys from boise shooters meet on thursday nights at idaho pizza company, i havent made it there yet but i would like t get something else set up. Ithink i will be there this thursday just to meet some other ppl who OC, so if anyone here at OCDO would like to go it would be cool to see you there, i think it starts at 630 till close at the on fairfieu right by cole road.

rjorstad

imported post

Yes lets have a OC get together. I like pizza party or something durning the week. I want to see someone else that carries a gun.
Roger:)

Hiredgun30

imported post

I have always wanted to O.C. around HYDE PARK. in boise's north end..

we should all convoy sometime to Blaine county and remind them they are still in idaho...

John Wolver

imported post

Saturday is no good for me, neither is tuesday or thursdays, I have dialysis during the day. Something later in the evening would work out though if it had to be those days. But either way It would be a good thing.

Conradm

imported post

I like the idea of Hyde Park... I think I can convince my wife to come with her dads .357 too.. :lol:

rjlegacy

imported post

Howdy open carry and concealed carry friends.
There is going to be a first time meeting for us on Tuesday September 8[sup]th[/sup] at Cabelas in Boise, Idaho at 7pm. Cabelas is doing this onetime for us to get together. I will post this on face book and on opencarry.org Please send this to others.
Any Questions contact Roger Jorstad 208-989-5050

John Wolver

imported post

rjlegacy wrote:
Howdy open carry and concealed carry friends.
There is going to be a first time meeting for us on Tuesday September 8[suP]th[/suP] at Cabelas in Boise, Idaho at 7pm. Cabelas is doing this onetime for us to get together. I will post this on face book and on opencarry.org Please send this to others.
Any Questions contact Roger Jorstad 208-989-5050

Sir first off, thanks for sharing.

Now, i see you havent been here long or posted much, but the first meeting was over a year ago at the zoo. And the next one is this sat the 22nd. It will either be at hyde park or boise municipal park. It will be at 5pm. The complete details will be posted wednesday. If you can, please be there. If you want to be part of the planning pm me for details.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Actually, people like us have been fighting/preserving our laws here in Idaho for quite some time, and long before I joined the board. When I first joined about 2 year ago there were already some very interesting incidents to read about. Spend a night browsing the old posts. There are some real gems in there. Many have come before us to insure that we can walk freely down the road without being harrassed.