I would form all of the statements with phrases straight out of the laws themselves. After all, if knowing the law is the point of all of this, excessive paraphrasing could cause confusion about what the law really is. And the government has, for the most part, already checked them for grammatical and spelling errors.
Here are a few choice T/F quiz statements. I threw in a lot of no-no's, and they're all very lengthy because they're just snipped, copied, and pasted right out of the code.
- No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. (True) ref. 15.2-915
- The governing body of any county or city may by ordinance make it unlawful for any person to transport, possess or carry a loaded shotgun or loaded rifle in any vehicle on any public street, road, or highway within such locality. (True) ref. 15.2-915.2
- Any person while in his own place of abode or the curtilage thereof may carry about his person, hidden from common observation any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material. (True) ref. 18.2-308
- It shall be unlawful for any person who has been adjudicated legally incompetent or mentally incapacitated whose competency or capacity has not been restored to purchase, possess, or transport any firearm. (True) ref. 18.2-308.1:2
- It shall be unlawful for any person who has been convicted of a felony, any person adjudicated delinquent as a juvenile 14 years of age or older at the time of the offense of murder, kidnapping, robbery by the threat or presentation of firearms, or rape to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport any firearm. (True) ref. 18.2-308.2
- It shall be unlawful for any person who is not a citizen of the United States and who is not lawfully present in the United States to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport any firearm. (True) ref. 18.2-308.2:01
- It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth except while in his home or on his property, while in the home or on the property of his parent, grandparent, or legal guardian; or while on the property of another who has provided prior permission, and with the prior permission of his parent or legal guardian. (True) ref. 18.2-308.7