• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Bowed Down and Obeyed My Default Permit

smoking357

Banned
imported post

So, the State got around to recognizing my official default license a couple of weeks after I became the official licensing authority and issued the official license to myself. It's nice to have the backup State license, so I can put away the packet of official self-issued paperwork I was carrying.

My license was issued 103 days after State receipt, 14 days after Notice of Default was served. I don't begrudge the State lenghty mailing, since I'm a strong fiscal conservative, and bulk mail keeps the costs low. Given some of the extreme delays I've seen posted to the Internet in gaining approval, the Default Notice seems to have hastened the process. At a minimum, it capped the process.

I do, though, need to correct the date of issue to reflect the date that the official licensing agency, Me, issued the license. Well, I might let that go and enjoy my license that is valid for 7 years AND 14 days.

If you're waiting seemingly ad infinitum, you might want to consult with your legal counsel and explore how the default provisions of Florida Law could apply to you.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
My license was issued 103 days after State receipt, 14 days after Notice of Default was served.
What was the date of receipt by the state? And what was the date of issuance?

SlackwareRobert

imported post

I do hope they have your new licence stamped "Duplicate":cool:

Just watch out for those orange groves, the drivers there are killers.:lol: