• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heading to Virginia Loudoun County area

ABNdeg

imported post

Where can i look at the laws for open/cc in the state? I live in GA right now and currently posses a Georgia Firearms Permit(the states carry permit).

ABNdeg

imported post

Just doing some work in the state for a couple of weeks, im good with OC, its about all i do with a few exceptions.

Edit: ty for the info :p

TexasNative

imported post

The tough part with researching open carry in Virginia is that there are no laws addressing open carry. The laws address either plain ol' Carry (which applies to Open and Concealed) or Concealed Carry. So Jonesy's advice pretty much covers it (although I'd add state parks to that list, since you'll be open carrying).

ABNdeg

imported post

So, can i carry openly in a place that has the no firearms sign or am i trespassing?

Riana

imported post

ABNdeg wrote:
So, can i carry openly in a place that has the no firearms sign or am i trespassing?
I'm not 100% sure here, but I think they have to actually ask you to leave. Not sure the sign qualifies as "telling you" to leave.

I just avoid places like that - much easier. :cool:

When do you think you're heading this way?

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
ABNdeg wrote:
You are trespassing once you are asked/told to leave and you don't comply.
But does the sign count as being asked/told to leave? Or are there silly rules about typeface, font, and size that come into play?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
ABNdeg wrote:
But does the sign count as being asked/told to leave? Or are there silly rules about typeface, font, and size that come into play?

what sign?

:dude:

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
ABNdeg wrote:
what sign?

:lol:I just wouldn't want the poor out-of-stater to get in trouble visiting this lovely state, now, Ed...

ABNdeg, I'd say just avoid any place that has such a silly sign. They don't deserve your money, anyway. :cool:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
ed wrote:
ABNdeg wrote:
what sign?

:lol:I just wouldn't want the poor out-of-stater to get in trouble visiting this lovely state, now, Ed...

ABNdeg, I'd say just avoid any place that has such a silly sign. They don't deserve your money, anyway. :cool:
Agreed.. but I don't know SIGN Language (except maybe one sign).. Otherwise.. I go about my business.. if somone says somethign I will apologize and leave. IANAL but it is my opinion that I am not trespassing until I am told to leave.. it would be pretty hard for them to PROVE that I saw their sign.. (maybe I was carrying a package and backed into the door to push it open, or there was a kid in fornt of me, etc etc.. I also dont seek out signs on doors to see if they take credit cards, if smoking is available, who to contact for after hours emergency, who the manager is, and if they want to ban guns. If they don't want me to have it.. I EXPECT them to come tell me.. then I wont come back.

"Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign"

ABNdeg

imported post

I will be up there by monday afternoon if all goes as planned. Boss will probably want to go up to TGI or something.