• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ltc with 20 yo felony conviction

multi123

imported post

I'm a MA resident and am interested in applying for a license to carry permit. In 1988,I was charged with larceny over $250. The case was continued without finding for 1 yr without incident.(I was17 at the time and am 38 now).I realize with this on my record I will be ineligable to receive a ltc.

From what I understand,I can apply to have this expunged from my record,but in certain circumstances it will still show up.

I also have a couple of misdemenor convictions from approx.'90-'94(disorderly conduct,minor in possesion of alcohol ) with no further incidents since then.I was basically a dumb kid who finally decided to grow up around 1994 or so.

With this type of history,do I have any chance of being issued a ltc?If I am sucessful in getting the felony conviction from '88 expunged,can I legally state that I have no felonies on record, and will it show up in any background check done by the state in regards to a ltc application?Will the misdemenors have any effect on my chances? Thanks in advance.

robo44

imported post

I live in CT but use to live on MA. The bottom line I'm sorry to say is you have ZERO chance. The misdemeanors alone with hurt you nevermind the felony.

multi123

imported post

Thanks for the reply. I know as it stands now,I have no chance,but if I were to have these expunged would they still show up on a background check?

bradco

imported post

multi123 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I know as it stands now,I have no chance,but if I were to have these expunged would they still show up on a background check?
Having the charges expunged legally via Pardon process they will not show up upon check if done properly and it can be done, well at least in CT, I am not sure about Mass process on pardons, also if the pardon is granted on a State level as long as the charges were not Federal. Then and only then can you legally say that you were never arrested. In CT it is called an "Absolute and Unconditional Pardon" that will allow all rights to be restored.