• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Job, New Assignment

shernandez

imported post

I'm working on a new open carry story, but I am unable to attend any of the upcoming events. I would like to spend the day or a couple of hours with someone going about their business while open carrying.

If interested please email me at the shernandez@lakelandtimes.com

-Samantha

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

shernandez wrote:
I'm working on a new open carry story, but I am unable to attend any of the upcoming events. I would like to spend the day or a couple of hours with someone going about their business while open carrying.

-Samantha

When and where?
Are you aware that Minocqua has an outdated ordinance (as of 1995) that states no firearms are allowed in any buildings in the twon of Minocqua?
Shall I stop by the lakeland times office while open-carrying? And then we can go for a walk around town from there? Will you also be carying a firearm? digital voice recorder? Video camera? DigitalStill camera?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

shernandez wrote:
I'm working on a new open carry story...
Let's hope that your new editor (or whatever the title of the person who butchered your story, and selected the most non-flattering picture possible for your previous story) is better than the last !

shernandez

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
shernandez wrote:

-Samantha

When and where?
Are you aware that Minocqua has an outdated ordinance (as of 1995) that states no firearms are allowed in any buildings in the twon of Minocqua?
Shall I stop by the lakeland times office while open-carrying? And then we can go for a walk around town from there? Will you also be carying a firearm? digital voice recorder? Video camera? DigitalStill camera?
I'll bring my digital camera and voice recorder. To my knowledge, but I can make some phone calls, carrying up here shouldn't be problem. I'll have to ask if you can stop by with your firearm. Email me at shernandez@lakelandtimes.com please and we'll work something out.

Nutczak

imported post

shernandez wrote:
I'll have to ask if you can stop by with your firearm.
Why, Who put Mr Walker in charge of my rights?
If I am asked to remove myself or my firearm from the premises while in the lakeland times building, I will just remove myself. And you can talk with me outside. I find it kinda funny that Mr Moore and Mr Walker both write numerous articles backing the private citizens right to bear arms, but thenthey maynot want people to exercise that right! Hmm, I guess this is one way to find out who is for what, and if the articles were just to sell more papers at the local gas stations. (the only ones I bought in the last year had the carry articles)

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I find it kinda funny that Mr Moore and Mr Walker both write numerous articles backing the private citizens right to bear arms, but thenthey maynot want people to exercise that right! Hmm
Easy Killer! :dude:I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Samantha is new to the north woods and she use to work for the liberal bastions in Milwaukee. She's just being cautious.

shernandez

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
I find it kinda funny that Mr Moore and Mr Walker both write numerous articles backing the private citizens right to bear arms, but thenthey maynot want people to exercise that right! Hmm
Easy Killer! :dude:I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Samantha is new to the north woods and she use to work for the liberal bastions in Milwaukee. She's just being cautious.
It's true I've only been here three weeks. Richard Moore is my editor.

shernandez

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
shernandez wrote:
I'll have to ask if you can stop by with your firearm.
Why, Who put Mr Walker in charge of my rights?
If I am asked to remove myself or my firearm from the premises while in the lakeland times building, I will just remove myself. And you can talk with me outside. I find it kinda funny that Mr Moore and Mr Walker both write numerous articles backing the private citizens right to bear arms, but thenthey maynot want people to exercise that right! Hmm, I guess this is one way to find out who is for what, and if the articles were just to sell more papers at the local gas stations. (the only ones I bought in the last year had the carry articles)
Gregg Walker is completely fine with the carrying of firearms at the newspaper.

Nutczak

imported post

I apologize if I sounded a little harsh,
but it seems likeMoore flip-flops between a flaming rabid liberal and than acts like aconservative throughout the year depending on his mood. Sort of like a "Not in my backyard" type. this is just from the impression I have gotten whilereading his articles over the last many years

Well, lets go for an armed walk around Minocqua, I have a compact 9mm that you can wear (if you are legal to possess a firearm) Anyplace in particular you wanna go? I was in the gaslight shops , the chefs shop, and the new ice-cream storelast week carrying my .357 revolver on my side, I do not think anyone even noticed or if they did, they just didn't care.
Come summertime when we turn into a suburb of Chicago, the attitude around town my change, I could see some panicked vacationer yelling for the police if they saw someone exercising his/her 2A rights.

Maybe we can get "Cobbersmom" to join you too?

shernandez

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I apologize if I sounded a little harsh,
but it seems likeMoore flip-flops between a flaming rabid liberal and than acts like aconservative throughout the year depending on his mood. Sort of like a "Not in my backyard" type. this is just from the impression I have gotten whilereading his articles over the last many years

Well, lets go for an armed walk around Minocqua, I have a compact 9mm that you can wear (if you are legal to possess a firearm) Anyplace in particular you wanna go? I was in the gaslight shops , the chefs shop, and the new ice-cream storelast week carrying my .357 revolver on my side, I do not think anyone even noticed or if they did, they just didn't care.
Come summertime when we turn into a suburb of Chicago, the attitude around town my change, I could see some panicked vacationer yelling for the police if they saw someone exercising his/her 2A rights.

Maybe we can get "Cobbersmom" to join you too?
I haven't seen many of the sights here in town yet, so you can act as my tour guide. I would be happy to have "Cobbersmom" join us. Please, pm me so that we can work out the details or email me.

WIG19

imported post

First, congratulations on your new job!

Glad to see you still have an interest in the topic and, given the recent AG memo, most timely. Well done & best of luck in the new locale.

I don't live up there, but have travelled to Minocqua several times and always enjoyed the area's natural beauty.Hope to hear of your travels and, RE open-carry anyway, hope that it's "Much Ado About Nothing."

:cool:

Nutczak

imported post

I have not seen any postings by cobbersmom in a few weeks now, Hopefully she still is part of the forum.
I do not know her,or could Ieven say we are acquaintances, I just know she is in the lakeland area and cares abut preserving our 2A`rights

shernandez

imported post

WIG19 wrote:
First, congratulations on your new job!

Glad to see you still have an interest in the topic and, given the recent AG memo, most timely.  Well done & best of luck in the new locale.

I don't live up there, but have travelled to Minocqua several times and always enjoyed the area's natural beauty. Hope to hear of your travels and, RE open-carry anyway, hope that it's "Much Ado About Nothing."

:cool:

Thanks for the congrats. As Mike and Jesus know I worked really hard at getting a job.

I'll post after if takes place.

Cobbersmom

imported post

Andy Gee, the Mincoqua police chief recently issued an inter-office memo on how dispatchers are to deal with a call of open carry.

Does anyone know if those types of memos are public record? If so, we should get a copy.