• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has the NRA helped the Open Carry movement at all?

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

I'm debating an NRA director over at AR15.com, and he says, "We are currently defending an open carry case in Wisconsin, work closely with VCDL in Virginia and look at open carry situations on an individual basis."

Can anyone here verify any of this? Tom King doesn't have much credibility with me right now because he tried to convince me that Joaquin Jackson didn't really mean what he said in the infamous Texas Monthly interview. He tried to get me to buy the notion that JJ was 'bushwacked'.

What has the NRA done for us lately?

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I think the NRA may address some issues on a regional basis. Depending on what's hot and winnable in each state.
I had a heated "discussion" with Ed Worley, the head NRA lobbyist in California, and he characterized open carry as a "jerk-off stunt."
He considered it a distraction from the real fight and a drain on resources. He made it clear that the NRA, in California at least, would not defend open carry arrests.

Flintlock

imported post

FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:
I'm debating an NRA director over at AR15.com, and he says, "We are currently defending an open carry case in Wisconsin, work closely with VCDL in Virginia and look at open carry situations on an individual basis."
How about looking at them on a rights basis and promote the practice??? :cuss:

Flintlock

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
He considered it a distraction from the real fight and a drain on resources. He made it clear that the NRA, in California at least, would not defend open carry arrests.

The NRA only believes in the part of the 2nd amendment that says, "to keep."Anything followingthat word might as well be discarded according to their flawed logic.

As much respect as I had for Charleton Heston, he was partly responsible for the current state of affairs in the NRA when he swayed the organizationtoward what he termed, "the mainstream."