Thread: Has the NRA helped the Open Carry movement at all?

Post imported post

I'm debating an NRA director over at AR15.com, and he says, "We are currently defending an open carry case in Wisconsin, work closely with VCDL in Virginia and look at open carry situations on an individual basis."

Can anyone here verify any of this? Tom King doesn't have much credibility with me right now because he tried to convince me that Joaquin Jackson didn't really mean what he said in the infamous Texas Monthly interview. He tried to get me to buy the notion that JJ was 'bushwacked'.

What has the NRA done for us lately?

Banned

Post imported post

FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:

What has the NRA done for us lately?
    NRA ALERT ...... OPEN CARRY

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/25085.html

How easily we allow ourselves to be divided . We are not smart enough to have rights .

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

I think the NRA may address some issues on a regional basis. Depending on what's hot and winnable in each state.
    I had a heated "discussion" with Ed Worley, the head NRA lobbyist in California, and he characterized open carry as a "jerk-off stunt."
    He considered it a distraction from the real fight and a drain on resources. He made it clear that the NRA, in California at least, would not defend open carry arrests.

Post imported post

FreedomJoyAdventure wrote:
    I'm debating an NRA director over at AR15.com, and he says, "We are currently defending an open carry case in Wisconsin, work closely with VCDL in Virginia and look at open carry situations on an individual basis."
    How about looking at them on a rights basis and promote the practice???
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    He considered it a distraction from the real fight and a drain on resources. He made it clear that the NRA, in California at least, would not defend open carry arrests.
    The NRA only believes in the part of the 2nd amendment that says, "to keep."Anything followingthat word might as well be discarded according to their flawed logic.

As much respect as I had for Charleton Heston, he was partly responsible for the current state of affairs in the NRA when he swayed the organizationtoward what he termed, "the mainstream."
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.