• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry In Restaurants?

turbodog

imported post

Sure, the bad guys can always get illegal guns, that's a given. But I think there should always be residual penalties for severe crimes. Misdemeanors no, everything now considered a felony, no, crimes of violence, yes!

I feel that People who have made a decision to commit violent crimes should face penalties that last for their lifetime, even if they serve out a sentence in prison. And that includes loss of firearms privileges. If they chose to get an illegal gun after getting out of prison, again, they made a choice with full knowledge of the penalties.

If ya can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Dustin

imported post

turbodog wrote:
Sure, the bad guys can always get illegal guns, that's a given. But I think there should always be residual penalties for severe crimes. Misdemeanors no, everything now considered a felony, no, crimes of violence, yes!

I feel that People who have made a decision to commit violent crimes should face penalties that last for their lifetime, even if they serve out a sentence in prison. And that includes loss of firearms privileges. If they chose to get an illegal gun after getting out of prison, again, they made a choice with full knowledge of the penalties.

So there is no forgiveness with you.

That's similar to saying if my son does something wrong, I should whip him for the rest of his life for the infraction.

Do you even have an idea of how many felons could possible be in jail, and not REALLY be guilty ?

I'm the LA Carry, if they have served their time, then they are finished being punished. Most felons didn't have anything to do with firearms anyway.

It's just another false sense of security ....

turbodog

imported post

Dustin wrote:
turbodog wrote:

So there is no forgiveness with you.

That's similar to saying if my son does something wrong, I should whip him for the rest of his life for the infraction.

Do you even have an idea of how many felons could possible be in jail, and not REALLY be guilty ?

I'm the LA Carry, if they have served their time, then they are finished being punished. Most felons didn't have anything to do with firearms anyway.

It's just another false sense of security ....

To say there's no forgiveness in me is a hard thing man, and you base it soley on a single forum discussion? Harsh brother, harsh.
Come on man, did you even read what I wrote? No, I don't favor extravagent punishment for minor infractions (misdemeanors) nor even for all the laws on the books currently labled as felonies. I said I think there should be repercusions that go beyond jail time for crimes of violence. I say that because the psycological impact of such crimes go way beyond a trial. Why should the victims of such violence be the only ones to spend a lifetime of sorror, fear or regret? If the son you mentioned should be killed in some random drive-by shooting by some repeat offender parasite on society, would you just blow it off and say Cest la Vie? I doubt it. I doubt any man would or could.

Yes, some people end up in prison for violent crimes that are the result of "the moment" A woman trying to stop an abusive husband from hurting her, a guy, seeing someone trying to steal his car, grabs a gun and blasts away, hitting a bystander. Do these people sit in prison and indure sorror, fear and regretat theresult of their actions? Probably. But there are too many who just don't give a damnabout the lives of others, who walk up to a random stranger on a streetcornerand beathim bloody aspart of some gang initiationor start shooting into a crowd of people becausehe saw someone standing among them who once "dissed" him.

And yes, there are innocent people in prison. They have their champions and I wish them all luck. If they succed in getting released, then any record of incarceration should be expunged and they should be allowed to live their lives free of any stigma.

It's gone way off topic here, if y'all want to keep this discussion going let's do it on a seperate thread. If not, I'm done here.

turbodog

imported post

Now. To get back on topic. I wrote an email to my representative in Baton Rouge, John Edwards, about adding the language of part "D" of RS 14:95.4 to the language of RS 14:95.5. Which would clarify the issue of carrying firearms in restaurants if it can be accomplished.

I'll let you know if he replies.

Dustin

imported post

turbodog wrote:
To say there's no forgiveness in me is a hard thing man, and you base it soley on a single forum discussion? Harsh brother, harsh.

Nah bro, It was meant to be inquestion form, meant to pull out the question, "So where do you draw the line?"

I'd hardly case someone over text written on a forum, although one can indeed case himself with the proper wording.

I think denying the man his right to defend himself with a firearm is HARSH. Depending on what Crime he comitted.

Crimes/Felonies commited "with" firearms however, are a direct reflect on that persons attitude towards firearms, and a complete disrespect towards their 2A right. IMO They have completely abused their RTKBA.

sraacke

imported post

turbodog wrote:
Now. To get back on topic. I wrote an email to my representative in Baton Rouge, John Edwards, about adding the language of part "D" of RS 14:95.4 to the language of RS 14:95.5. Which would clarify the issue of carrying firearms in restaurants if it can be accomplished.

Did you ever get a reply from rep Edwards?

turbodog

imported post

yale wrote:
turbodog wrote:

Did you ever get a reply from rep Edwards?
No sir, not a word. I think it would behoove us for everyone to write their representative about getting the language changed. It's too easy a fix not to get it done.