• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abuse of powder under color of law

BreakingTheMold

imported post

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The FBI is the lead federal agency for investigating color of law abuses, which include acts carried out by government officials operating both within and beyond the limits of their lawful authority. Off-duty conduct may be covered if the perpetrator asserted his or her official status in some way. [/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]During Fiscal Year 2005, the FBI investigated more than 1,100 color of law cases. Most of these crimes fall into five broad areas: [/font]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]• excessive force;
• sexual assaults;
• false arrest and fabrication of evidence;
• deprivation of property; and

[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]• failure to keep from harm.
[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]

Would this not be the thing to file against any and all LEO agencies the wrongfully arrest or confiscate any items of someone OCing or otherwise? Also what quantifies arrest? Guns drawn certainly qualifies as excessive force, if you are handcuffed is that not under arrest?

Thanks for anyone who is willing to give an opinion on the matter.

DanM

imported post

Yes, I would like to address my opinion on this thread's subject. I think that uniformedgovernment authoritiesdefinitely should not ingest cocaine before going on duty or while on duty. Thank you.

Oh . . . . .the subject is probably "abuse of power under color of law". Sorry. Nevermind the above.

:D