Thread: Supporting Member?

Post imported post

How did I become a supporting member of oc.org? I don't recall having sent monies to any of the parties involved
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Emotional support? Moral support? Child support? Wait, I'm reaching a bit too far.

I was wondering about those tags myself. What is State Researcher? Are these tied in with post count?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Because you don't rate to see the secret forum for us advanced OCers,

Opt-Out Members
    Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA

Post imported post

I think it has to do with the number of posts you've made. I'm not sure, but i think >100 is supporting member, and >1000 is state researcher.

I take that back, I just saw someone with 15 posts who is a supporting member. With my 53, I'm still just a member...

Post imported post

didnt notice before my first post but afterwards it has said supporting member since i joined

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

NightOwl wrote:
    What is State Researcher? Are these tied in with post count?
    Only coincidentally. In the early days of OCDO, while its 'personality' was undeveloped, the owner asked for active members that might be interested in researching state statutes to identify themselves and we became the 'state researchers'.

Now that OCDO is mature and perhaps moribund the member status is generally offensive and I would rather be allowed to assign the epithet to some member that has earned my respect for persistently acute and on-point legal scholarship.

It is my thought that there is much back-channel communication, indeed, an oligarchy of intimates that weigh on the owner for privileges and titles, thinking themselves an elite.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.