• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supporting Member?

NightOwl

imported post

Emotional support? Moral support? Child support? Wait, I'm reaching a bit too far.

I was wondering about those tags myself. What is State Researcher? Are these tied in with post count?

carhark

Opt-Out Members
Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA
imported post

I think it has to do with the number of posts you've made. I'm not sure, but i think >100 is supporting member, and >1000 is state researcher.

I take that back, I just saw someone with 15 posts who is a supporting member. With my 53, I'm still just a member...

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
What is State Researcher? Are these tied in with post count?
Only coincidentally. In the early days of OCDO, while its 'personality' was undeveloped, the owner asked for active members that might be interested in researching state statutes to identify themselves and we became the 'state researchers'.

Now that OCDO is mature and perhaps moribund the member status is generally offensive and I would rather be allowed to assign the epithet to some member that has earned my respect for persistently acute and on-point legal scholarship.

It is my thought that there is much back-channel communication, indeed, an oligarchy of intimates that weigh on the owner for privileges and titles, thinking themselves an elite.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.