• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for Westmont

PolskiG

imported post

Chartered a plane into midway this morning, open carried on the elevated trainto Union station. Concealed on the Metra. Got off at Westmont stationand walked upa block where a friend picked me up. We went for lunch at Elliots off Broadway Deli on North Cass Ave, I OCed the entire time there, no issues, couple of double takes. Finished lunch, completed my business and flew back out of Midwayin the evening. All and all a decent day Oc-ing in another state.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Did you do this under authority of your god given rights or under privilege granted by some governmental body?

RobR369

imported post

not quite sure of themethod to your madness, but personally I wouldnt continue to press your luck in Illinois. You were lucky, got away with it once, dont be silly and do it again, unless you have alot of money and time and you are looking to give to a lawyer and the state of Illinois.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Elgin just popped a guy for UUW for having a loaded .40S&W in his center console. He was from NC and was pulled over for expired registration on his trailer. Now he must defend against a felony.

RobR369

imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
That's the way Texans used to exercise their 2A rightprior to the CHL lawpassage in 1995.
Texas and Illinois are 2 completely different worlds. Illinois has 2 things Texas dont have---- Cook County and Mayor Daley(Chicago). Believe me, I wish and hope Illinois is able to carry soon, but until then, carrying illegal, especially open carrying is gonna get you nowhere except a ride in a police car,and huge amounts of fees, andlose yourrights to own a firearm again.

SANDCREEK

imported post

I'll grant that Texas isn't Illinois, but my point is that myself and a lot of Texans did what we felt we had to do - despite the "laws" - VERY CAREFULLY.

I won't allow any crooked politician to terminate my inherent right to self defense- or supplant my common sense with stupidity. I have traveled through Illinois, and most NE statesin the 1990's regularly - including Chicago - and you better believe I was armed.

I love Colorado and Texas inspite of the current legal situation in Texas - which will change soon.

I haven't visited California since 1978, but if I do I will be armed.