• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal Mart ammo sales policy

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Wal-Mart is also limiting ammunition sales to "six items per customer per day!"[suB]1[/suB]

Unfair!

Wal-Mart is anti-gun!

Boycott_Walmart.jpg

1. Of course, if Wal-Mart did not have a policy limiting volume sales, we would get to complain about that too, since the dealers and the hoarders will just buy up everything when a store's ammo shipment arrives, leaving none for the rest of us.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
1. Of course, if Wal-Mart did not have a policy limiting volume sales, we would get to complain about that too, since the dealers and the hoarders will just buy up everything when a store's ammo shipment arrives, leaving none for the rest of us.

It really is a win/win for us. It's nice to be able to find something to complain about not matter what is actually happening.

I didn't even know Wal-mart was open between those hours anyway. Considering all Waltarts around here close at 11pm and open at 7am, I'd say, yes, they aren'tallowed to sell ammo (anything?) between those hours.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Considering all Waltarts around here close at 11pm and open at 7am, I'd say, yes, they aren'tallowed to sell ammo (anything?) between those hours.

Aha! Exactly why are those stores CLOSED, anyway!?!

To deny sales of ammunition to LAW ABIDING GUNOWNING AND CARRYING PATRIOTS!That's why.

This is yetmore proof showing Wal-Mart's antipathy toward the 2nd Amendment.

This sounds like yet another reason to boycott Wal-Mart.

If we can coordinate our boycotts of WMT,we can knock them off their lofty perch at #1 on the Fortune 500 list. If we bump them off the top of the list, then they'll know they messed with the wrong guys.

WeWILL make Wal-Mart capitulate!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Considering all Waltarts around here close at 11pm and open at 7am, I'd say, yes, they aren'tallowed to sell ammo (anything?) between those hours.

To deny sales of ammunition to LAW ABIDING GUNOWNING AND CARRYING PATRIOTS!That's why.

If we can coordinate our boycotts of WMT,we can knock them off their lofty perch at #1 on the Fortune 500 list. If we bump them off the top of the list, then they'll know they messed with the wrong guys.

It hurts too much to laugh so hard this early in the morning. :lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
That's how it is at the Wal-Mart here. I think it might actually be 10PM-8PM here.

10pm to 8pm? That covers 20 hoursper day andwould leave them a 2 hour window between 8pm and 10pm to sell ammo.

137431034v8_350x350_Front.jpg

PT111

imported post

Between the hours of 11pm and 7am you need to have your butt at home in bed rather than out trying to buy ammo. Don't you know that nothing good ever happens after midnight and any decent law-abiding person should be home at that time defending their home and protecting the wife against the thugs trying to break-in. :banghead:

Gordie

imported post

Super Walmarts are open 24 hours a day, of course I've never been able to find anyone to help me after 10:00 PM, so I don't know if they would sell ammo during those times or not.

I'm sure that if I could get it out of the locked case the clerk would just go ahead and check it out with my bread and peanut butter.

MuellerBadener

imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

What if we just boycott between 11:00pm-7:00am?

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Gordie wrote:
Super Walmarts are open 24 hours a day, of course I've never been able to find anyone to help me after 10:00 PM, so I don't know if they would sell ammo during those times or not.

I'm sure that if I could get it out of the locked case the clerk would just go ahead and check it out with my bread and peanut butter.
10PM-7AM is stocking time. Almost no floor associates on. Just management, maintenance, and stocking/receiving/related jobs. And usually someone at electronics because of theft, who also has the keys for sporting goods.

Just go bug anyone you see throwing stock and they'll either help you or find someone who can.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

What if we just boycott between 11:00pm-7:00am?

Can I protest from bed?

curtiswr

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
curtiswr wrote:
That's how it is at the Wal-Mart here. I think it might actually be 10PM-8PM here.

10pm to 8pm? That covers 20 hoursper day andwould leave them a 2 hour window between 8pm and 10pm to sell ammo.

137431034v8_350x350_Front.jpg

I meant 8 AM. :p

Might as well be a 2 hour window, cus when they get something in that's all the time you have to go and get some before it's gone.

Vegassteve

imported post

WOW some of you dicks must make a good living being clowns.

So no it is not a corp policy.I found out after calling corp this morning.Some of us work a late shift and only shop after 11 pm. In big boy towns Wal Mart is open 24 hours.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:

So no it is not a corp policy.I found out after calling corp this morning.Some of us work a late shift and only shop after 11 pm. In big boy towns Wal Mart is open 24 hours.
Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

Vegassteve

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?
Yes mr 7 posts. There was maybe 2 helpful answers the rest was just shit.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I got the "...we don't sell ammo after 10pm...." bit at a Wally World in Lapeer a few years back and haven't attempted it since.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
So no it is not a corp policy.I found out after calling corp this morning.

OK, OK. Greatfind!

As soon as nightfall comes, let's project the Weenie-Signal into the western sky. He's our go-to guy in corporate policy-rogue store manager (CPRSM) resolutions.

Vegassteve wrote:

And some the reverse, Mr. Measly 215 posts...

Newsflash!

My word. The situation is getting desperate!

Saturday, May. 02, 2009

Man caught trying to steal gun ammunition from Wal-Mart in Myrtle Beach

Kurt Knapek

A Myrtle Beach man was jailed Thursday after police allege he tried to steal gun ammunition from Wal-Mart on Seaboard Street, according to a report.

Ray Ashley Munsey, 64, is charged with shoplifting after a store employee saw Munsey take gun ammunition and three gun cleaning brushes out of their packages and conceal them, the report states.

Munsey was stopped by the employee as he attempted to leave the store, the report states.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/883506.html