• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal Mart ammo sales policy

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
WOW some of you dicks must make a good living being clowns.

So no it is not a corp policy.I found out after calling corp this morning.Some of us work a late shift and only shop after 11 pm. In big boy towns Wal Mart is open 24 hours.
Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?
Yes mr 7 posts. There was maybe 2 helpful answers the rest was just @#$%.
Oh man, a postcount burn.

I may die from this.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
In big boy towns Wal Mart is open 24 hours.
You meanin towns where Walmart is the ONLY place to shop. :lol: :quirky
Do I qualify as a "big boy" if all the Wally Worlds in/near my area are less than a 10 minute drive. :cool:

Not sure, you'll have ask the "big boy" himself. Apparently it's a "big boy" town when you have one Walmart supercenter that everyone in a 200 mile radius treats as a mall. My town having it's own Walmart and no less than 5 (and 3 Targets) in a 10 mile radius doesn't qualify. :lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
Il_Duce wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

So no it is not a corp policy.I found out after calling corp this morning.Some of us work a late shift and only shop after 11 pm. In big boy towns Wal Mart is open 24 hours.
Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?
Yes mr 7 posts. There was maybe 2 helpful answers the rest was just @#$%.
Oh man, a postcount burn.

I may die from this.

Sorry, you are teh looz due to your small post count.

curtiswr

imported post

I've never seen someone take so much pride in having access to a 24 hour superstore before. Maybe OP is PR from Wal-Mart and is just feeling out how the market feels about the "no ammo sales at night" policy in place at some stores.

MuellerBadener

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:

Well, I sure feel put in my place. Maybe some of us should be sleeping between 11:00 and 7:00 so we wouldn't be quite so cranky.:X

Catherine

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Can anyone confirm or deny that it is Corp policy to not sell ammo from 11pm until 7am?
I have never heard of such a POLICY. We can buy ammunition here at the 24/7 Super Walmart store in Western Montana at ANY hour of the day or night and we have done this more at night too! AFTER 11:30 PM!

If we shop late or he has a late office schedule (24/7 Job.) - all we have to do is ASK for some help in the ammunition department if no one is 'working the department'.

I don't know if you will be able to FIND what you want in ammunition when it comes to many stores including Walmart due to the ammunition shortage across the country.

We have bought from them and from our LOCALLY owned gun store here in town. My local store has supplied us in the past and present well at a good price from their suppliers. They have several sources and they try their BEST in getting what their customers need. My groom reloads too.

Best wishes to you.

Catherine
PS: Some Walmart stores have different hours across the country. Most people know that if there are not tons of other stores around. I wish that our Costco store sold ammunition!

ratbike

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Between the hours of 11pm and 7am you need to have your butt at home in bed rather than out trying to buy ammo. Don't you know that nothing good ever happens after midnight and any decent law-abiding person should be home at that time defending their home and protecting the wife against the thugs trying to break-in. :banghead:
Seriously? Or am I missing the sarcasm?

modelo57

imported post

Our local Wal-Mart has a policy that all ammo sales must be made at the sporting goods counter. If the register is closed, no ammo sales. I do not know if this is company policy or some backwards state rule (not law). It could be something as simple as theft prevention.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

It's not corporate policy. They can walk you to the front register if they're not comfortable with you taking it up yourself, but they can check you out anywhere.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Ever try to get ANYBODY at WalMart to give you ANY kind of assistance with ANYTHING? When you finally get someone they do not know WTF they are talking about. Last year I had some guy who barely spoke Engish keep shoving .308 rifle ammo at me when I asked for .380 ACP. I started wondering if I shouldn't just buy the .38 Spl he proffered at one point, take it to a machine shop, and have it modified to .380 ACP just to save time.

Another time I had to buy a new car battery and had to find someone to accept the exchange. I got a Vietnamese woman who said: "Why? is something wrong with old battery?" :banghead:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
So stop going to that Walmart.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

[align=left]
276706580_66241f4bfa.jpg

[/align]

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Manage a Walmart for a living, do we Duke? As a matter of fact anymore I don't bother with Walmart for anything more complicated than a pair of shoes or a shirt.
Nah, worked there part time a while back.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Ever try to get ANYBODY at WalMart to give you ANY kind of assistance with ANYTHING? When you finally get someone they do not know WTF they are talking about. Last year I had some guy who barely spoke Engish keep shoving .308 rifle ammo at me when I asked for .380 ACP. I started wondering if I shouldn't just buy the .38 Spl he proffered at one point, take it to a machine shop, and have it modified to .380 ACP just to save time.

Another time I had to buy a new car battery and had to find someone to accept the exchange. I got a Vietnamese woman who said: "Why? is something wrong with old battery?" :banghead:

Your xenophobia is showing.

Alexcabbie

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:

Your xenophobia is showing.
Your ass, as usual. is showing, smart mouth. What is showing is my expectation that people who are hired to serve me will (1) know WTF they are doing and (2) be able to communicate with me in ENGLISH. FYI I very much enjoy cuisiune from all over the world, (and Vietnamese is one of my favorites, and I always look for places that cook for Vietnamese and not American palates) . I am a guitarist and one of the styles I play is flamenco, with its moorish and gypsy and Jewish influences. I have experimented with the Arabian oud and the Turkish Sanz, but Indian instruments aare a bit of a hurdle although I can do a passable jod on the sitar but I am better on the sarod. I attend the Glen Echo folk festival nearly every yeaar and jam backstage with all kinds of musicians from all over. All of these people would be very surprised to hear I am a "xenophobe" and the only people I hate are people who cut throats and fly airplanes full of terrified innocents into buildings full of terrified innocents. These people need to be exterminated.
I do not hate, but am extremely irked by, people who when I need to ask them a question about a product or a service, instead of responding in English begin yammering like Allah Rahka calling out a tabla tala to Ravi Shankar. Got it? good.