• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammunition purchases

SemperFiGuy

imported post

I went to Dunham's in Saginaw(bay rd) toask about my rain check for 9mm winchester ammo. Nothing really on the shelves, but they did have a shipment of ammo in the back that won't be on the shelves until Sunday morning.Not sure of what they will have but it's worth checking.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Picked up 200 rounds of 40 S&W. Took the last got 80 .223. Winchester .40s and Remington umc FMJ.

He said to just call back every night for updates(asked about 00 20ga.) Since they restock nightly, thats the best way to jump on all the deals. That is assuming you can run out and pick up ammo at 23:00. :banghead:

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

At Gander Mtn. on hall rd in Shelby twp. I picked up 2 boxes of .40 S&W 100 rounds total for $50. They barely had anything on the shelves but they had a few boxes behind the counter that you had to ask for since they were limiting 2 boxes per customer. They said their ammo shipments come in on Fridays.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On Target (Kalamazoo) has a wide variety of handgun ammo (Milsurps, reloads) all mix/match, for reasonable prices. Obviously meant for range shooting, as in, YMMV.

SigSauer

imported post

Recently bought some 9mm and 38 special at Dunhams at Maple and Dexter roads in Ann Arbor. Oddly, what I found was round-nosed lead for each. I was pleased to find these as I was looking for something soft for outdoors at home. Prices were pretty decent as well.

Spoke to the gun-meister (manager, older fella, seems to have been around the business for a while) about the current ammunition market, he said that the "assault" rifle rounds are quite available now and expects to see this same thing happening in the handgun calibers soon.

Sig

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

Just bought my first box of Personal Protection rounds from Firearms Plus in Manistee. They plenty of choices for .40 - Gold Dot 180 grn for $21.90, Hornady 155 grn for $18.75 and $17.64 (two different packages, not sure the difference), Winchester 165 grn for $16.96, Cor Bon 165 grn for $28.71.

I went with the Car Bon because that's what the owner of the shop recommended and said he loads all of his carry weapons with.

They had plenty in stock for 357 SIG, .45 (short barrel special), 454, 500, .44 special, .22, .25, and others.

The only thing they did not have was 9mm, 380, and 38. All of the above mentioned is PERSONAL PROTECTION type ammo. If you want the generic stuff, they have everything, as I'm sure everyone does.

One down side is that you may only purchase one box of ammo per day. Perhaps this is why they have so much when nobody else has any for .40 (that I have found). I am excited and will be back in tomorrow to pick up another box of Cor Bon, unless someonecan educatemeon howsomething else listed is better.

LaVere

imported post

I dropped in Wal Mart on Tuesday and found only one box of 45 Thats all they had for any hand gun. I stopped again on Thursday and they had 9mm about 8 boxes I bought 4 and one box of 40Sw.

I'm good on ammo for now. I'll leave the rest to you. :)

Gordon

SigSauer

imported post

Had my usual stop in at Dunhams A2 @ Maple and Dexter roads.

Gun mngr said that they seem to have new delivery days, now tuesday and friday. Of course, you need to wait for them to stock the shelves.

Saw only .38 special FMJ-flat from Blazer Brass.
Limited few of others.
Still have "assault" rifle calibers.

My usage of outdoor target ammunition has dropped significantly since I installed the bee hive, they don't mix well as the bees are also armed and tend to be far more accurate.

Sig

T Vance

imported post

ISMOID wrote:
Walmart Saturday had 5 boxes of Federal 40S&W for $12.47/box. Other than that the shelf was pretty bare. Also grabbed 2 100rnd boxes of Winchester 12ga #8 for $20.97/box.

I took all 5 40S&W boxes! :celebrate
How many rounds came in 1 box of the 40 S&W?

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Finally got some .38special rounds at Gander Mtn. in Utica.
Box of 50 for $20. They were out of stock for the longest time. looked like they had more of a variety this time.

I also noticed due to the shrinkage in inventory, and probably other reasons, that they moved all handgun ammo behind the counter.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

T Vance wrote:
ISMOID wrote:
Walmart Saturday had 5 boxes of Federal 40S&W for $12.47/box. Other than that the shelf was pretty bare. Also grabbed 2 100rnd boxes of Winchester 12ga #8 for $20.97/box.

I took all 5 40S&W boxes! :celebrate
How many rounds came in 1 box of the 40 S&W?
50 rnds/box. 180gn FMJ
fed40.jpg