• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

TheWarrior

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
I'm a little suspicious of the account. Someone with that bumper sticker on their car would not caveinduring such an unconstitutional stop. Or maybe he just likes pretty pictures of snakes.

Ilike--er, love--pretty pictures of snakes.

Meh, I guess we're all terrorists now eh?

n2deepjds

imported post

Wow, pulled over for a bumper sticker that says "Dont Tread on Me"? Thats foolishness, im in the United States Navy and every single one of the Destroyers, Air Craft Carriers, Frigates, LCAC's and so forth have that flag flying that says "Dont Tread on ME" with a snake on it. Thats retarded!

Alexcabbie

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I have one of those calvin pissing on the "O" symbol stickers on the back of my car.It is on the window just above my NRA sticker.

The Commies show their displeasure by getting RIGHT up on my bumper at traffic lights. I do my best to hesitate a second or two after the light changes to make sure that no one is running the red light in another direction, of course...:cool:

I am waiting for the day one of them is so pizzled that they tap my rear bumper and I get out to inspect the damage and exchange information while OCing.

That should be good for a :what:.
That's a BIG 10-4, MSC. Frankly though this story sounds like BULLCRAP to me. Show me a police officer in Louisiana who is a damn hippie and I will show you a shrink to see about your hallucinations. It is just incredible just how credible (or gullible) people are these days. :banghead:

TheWarrior

imported post

n2deepjds wrote:
Wow, pulled over for a bumper sticker that says "Dont Tread on Me"? Thats foolishness, im in the United States Navy and every single one of the Destroyers, Air Craft Carriers, Frigates, LCAC's and so forth have that flag flying that says "Dont Tread on ME" with a snake on it. Thats retarded!
Should we pull them over too? :p

Virginiaplanter

imported post

TheWarrior wrote:
n2deepjds wrote:

Everybody knows the Navy has always been subversive. That's why they have SUBmarines. And as the subversive Mr. Lee would say, "Be water, my friend" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-cnizLDEE

wrightme

imported post

I find NO credible source for this. It screams of a "FOAF" story. Probably based upon the "abortO" one to further a divide in the parties and between the government and the people.

Tomahawk

imported post

wrightme wrote:
I find NO credible source for this. It screams of a "FOAF" story. Probably based upon the "abortO" one to further a divide in the parties and between the government and the people.

Sorry, not familiar with the acronyms. Googles reveals FOAF as "friend of a friend", but not much for "abortO". Please explain what you mean.

I agree this story is worldnetdaily horsesh|+.

wayneco

imported post

wrightme wrote:
http://newsok.com/okc-officer-pulls...article/3347038?custom_click=headlines_widget

from the link:

``The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.
After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."

''We walked through the house and my wife and 2-year-old were in the house," Harrison said.

He said they interviewed him for about 30 minutes and then left, not finding any evidence Harrison was a threat to the president.``

Can anyone tell me if the SS had the right to enter his home and "walk around on a fishing expedition"??

What if he said, "No, you may not come in, although you may meet me at the office of my attorney where I will answer any questions that my attorney approves, if any."

trailblazer2003

imported post

wayneco wrote:
wrightme wrote:
http://newsok.com/okc-officer-pulls...article/3347038?custom_click=headlines_widget

from the link:

After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."

''We walked through the house and my wife and 2-year-old were in the house," Harrison said.

He said they interviewed him for about 30 minutes and then left, not finding any evidence Harrison was a threat to the president.``

Can anyone tell me if the SS had the right to enter his home and "walk around on a fishing expedition"??

What if he said, "No, you may not come in, although you may meet me at the office of my attorney where I will answer any questions that my attorney approves, if any."
Typically if they have to ask, they don't have any probable cause to get a warrant. Shouldn't matter if its the locals, fbi or ss at your door, no warrant, go pound sand.

wayneco

imported post

I am constantly amazed at how willing legally unsophisticated Americans are to giving up their 4th, 5th rights.

I would have let them know who my attorney is and to have them contact me through them if they are interested. Once you tell LE you are represented by counsel, they can not attempt to interrogate you without your counsel being present and the flimsy bumper sticker would never be grounds for a search warrant but once the guy, trying to be "helpful" allowed the SS to enter the home, anything found is fair game. Anything, anywhere, even if wholly unrelated to the "Abort Obama" bumpersticker issue.

THere are some fine "don't talk to police" videos on Youtube, highly advised everyone watch them every few years to refresh your memory how talking to cops or giving up your 4A right can only, only, only work against your interests.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Yeah, I think I would have politely said I have nothing to say to them... and they are not welcome in my home and I would then request they leave my property all together.

I would be waiting for them to violate my rights and would make sure to document everything I could on camera (my cell phone takes great vids). If they confiscated it... that would be just one more item for my lawsuit against the Federal Government for violation of my civil rights.

Be non violent, but non compliant either. Be indignant in a "You know your rights" kind of way and just repeat... you're not welcome here. Leave!

Tomahawk

imported post

wayneco wrote:
wrightme wrote:

from the link:

Get a warrant or FOAD. If they've already determined the bumper sticker is not a threat and you did not get a warrant than there is no reason for them to be there. They are just fishing for something to charge him with. For heaven's sake, people, protect yourselves.

wayneco

imported post

That's how I felt about it. I was frustrated on behalf of the guy who allowed the cursory search of his home for no cause or warrant. It was only due to the benevolence of the SS that they didn't toss the house and find something to charge him with. Everyone, everywhere is guilty of something, all they need to do it dig enough.

Our system of laws overlap, disagree, are often confusing (see CA's 200 pages of schizophrenic gun laws, for example) and are designed so that they may be selectively applied "when needed."

"When needed" is left to the discretion of the City/County/State/Fed who you are interacting at the moment and the prosecutorial resources a particular LEO represents.

Its a travesty.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

I am educating my family (it’s like pulling teeth) about our Constitution and our pre-existing rights. Most of them think the government grants, and then protects our rights... they had no clue that our rights pre-exist the Constitution.

Of course the hardest part is convincing them we are not a Democracy. That is still not believed by them. I can understand why. We've had our educators and those who write the tomes which define words inculcating our young skulls full of mush with the BS that the USA is a type of democracy. At first, the idea seems harmless until you realize that it is their gateway term to allow them to do everything else with the statement "It’s the will of the people..."

Will of the people be damned.... The only thing I care about are my individual rights and Liberty. Once we get suckered into a "will of the people" canard, we've accepted a false premise.

The key to keeping our rights is to stop accepting their false assertions. Our rights to our property, our guns (self defense against everyone including government), our voice and our religions to name a few are inalienable… it means they are not able to be taken away. Now our Constitution has a clause that in cases of criminal behavior e.g. murder or fraud, and through due process, our rights can be taken for a period of time decided by the courts. But other than that… there is no reason for our rights to be taken from us other than it’s the “will of the people”.

Tomahawk

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Now our Constitution has a clause that in cases of criminal behavior e.g. murder or fraud, and through due process, our rights can be taken for a period of time decided by the courts. But other than that… there is no reason for our rights to be taken from us other than it’s the “will of the people”.

No, your rights can never be "taken" no matter what any law or constitution says. The legal term I read about is "disabled". (No, IANAL) When you are imprisoned, for instance, your right to liberty, which is a natural right, is disabled for the duration of your sentence.

But the right exists regardless.

n2deepjds

imported post

TheWarrior wrote:
n2deepjds wrote:
According to those guys, i think we should....:celebrateEach and every one of them, who has a boat?????:cool:

Armed

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
What incident? No record of it except a blurb in WND, not exactly a reliable source.

I'm not saying that I would take anything from WND as gospel, however - I've seen them break a number of news stories over the years.

A number of years ago I first read about the ENCHELEON project on WND. I thought they were a wacked-out piece then, only to discover later on, that indeed, the ECHELEON project was real.

I would not discount them just because you cannot immediately verify the story in the mainstream new media. Just think about that.