• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspect detained over 'extremist' bumper sticker

Airforce1

imported post

Somewhat on topic.

Can't believe they had the audacity to do this. This has got to be an all time low. It breaks my heart that we have go through this utter bulls**t. We as a nation are under attack from the inside. :banghead: Apparently they have never read their books in school because they must not know what the flag is in our history as a country. Adult Children I say.

----------------------------------------

A Louisiana driver was stopped and detained for having a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker on his vehicle and warned by a police officer about the "subversive" message it sent, according to the driver's relative.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97374

Flintlock

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
Mark Edward, was this you? :lol:

That's funny because I was thinking the same thing...

At any rate, this is a scary and outrageous article if it has any element of truth. I mean seriously...

Anyone want to take any wagers on whetherevery member of this forum or virtually any other gun forumthat has an avatar next to their username, being on the extremist activities list?

Armed4Life

imported post

I'm a little suspicious of the account. Someone with that bumper sticker on their car would not caveinduring such an unconstitutional stop. Or maybe he just likes pretty pictures of snakes.

Statesman

imported post

Airforce1 wrote:
Somewhat on topic.

Can't believe they had the audacity to do this. This has got to be an all time low. It breaks my heart that we have go through this utter bulls**t. We as a nation are under attack from the inside. :banghead: Apparently they have never read their books in school because they must not know what the flag is in our history as a country. Adult Children I say.

----------------------------------------

A Louisiana driver was stopped and detained for having a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker on his vehicle and warned by a police officer about the "subversive" message it sent, according to the driver's relative.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97374
Oh gee whiz, I thought the Missouri DHS rescinded that memo declaring people with those bumper stickers rightwing extremists or militia?

Yeah, right. This adds weight to my theory on the Missouri DHS memo. Some LEO are not going to ignore the memo, and will apply the labels anyway. I believe this is the intended effect the DHS wanted; widespread news coverage, outrage, and acceptance of their whacked out oppression disguised as protectionist propaganda.

I wonder when the DHS concentration/death camps come into play?

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

username" HREF="/view_user.php?id=111" onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'menu111')">Flintlock wrote:
Anyone want to take any wagers on whetherevery member of this forum or virtually any other gun forumthat has an avatar next to their username, being on the extremist activities list?
I'm on a list??? Oh I knew that from day one. Got the Gadsden Flag bumper sticker on my car and my wife has a T-Shirt with an arrow pointing to her left saying "I'm with a Right Wing Extremist!"

SpringerXDacp

imported post

onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu1')">HREF="#" TARGET="_blank">username" onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu1')">HREF="/view_user.onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'smenu2')">php?id=9" onclick="show_menu(event, this, 'menu9')">DKSuddeth wrote:
Mark Edward, was this you? :lol:

That's funny because I was thinking the same thing...

At any rate, this is a scary and outrageous article if it has any element of truth. I mean seriously...

No, because I'm sure most of us are. What really sucks is, Inever receive any royalties from Glock for advertising one of their products. :)

ufcfanvt

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
I'm a little suspicious of the account.  Someone with that bumper sticker on their car would not cave in during such an unconstitutional stop...
There are plenty of people whose mouths can sign big checks. It another thing entirely to rely on another part of ones anatomy to provide the cash.
This is probably why the story boils down to:
Two unnamed persons claim a traffic stop happened for an egregious violation of the concept of RAS, when the cops say no traffic stop of any kind occurred.
Let's get worried when someone stands up and actually gets shot down!

Tomahawk

imported post

I clicked on the link and it reads like a WND scare piece with little or no background.

Doesn't sound solid to me.

Just the same, time to get my Gadsen flag out...

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

I've been stopped, cuffed, and stuffed, and it never showed up in any police records.

Don't rely on their "recordkeeping" to tell the whole truth.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Flintlock wrote:

Well, maybe not every member.

But certainly people who suggest that they do are on the list.

And certainly people who post in threads which...uhm

imported post

No, it wasn't me, but thanks for the compliment.
Had that motorist been me, you'd have a much more interesting story to read.
I don't buy this fake story, either.
NO name of the motorist.
NO name of the relative who tipped of WND with this "story."
NO name of the officer involved.
NO name of the agency this alleged officer worked for.
NOTHING.

KansasMustang

imported post

It said in the article that WND is withholding the name of the driver and the relative at their request. Does it really surprise anyone that this type of thing can happen,,or is happening? It doesn't surprise me. Having the experience of going through a check point between Arizona and New Mexico and seeing JBT in black jump suits with buses and such and then seeing what looked to me like a concentration camp just down the road,,and BTW that was in 2001 I just get this eerie feeling,,,just me sayin' it.

Thundar

imported post

The genesis of this incident lies squarely upon the shoulders of BHO and his propaganda ministry, otherwise known as the Strategic Analysis Group and the Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, Department of Homeland Security.

The guy is lucky he isn't a war veteran or there would have been probable cause to arrest him as a terrorist suspect!

He fits the profile crammed down the throat of legitimate law enforcement by the DHS. No wonder the police officer keyed on that radical bumper sticker. Don't forget, patriots are domestic extremeists.

The Department of Homeland Security is a Tyrants Tool. It has the potential to be even more evil than the BATFE.

Tomahawk

imported post

What incident? No record of it except a blurb in WND, not exactly a reliable source.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but so far this is just an internet myth.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The story dies have holes, but I do recall there was a "similar" incident that involved an "Abort Obama" sticker. . . I think in PA?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I have one of those calvin pissing on the "O" symbol stickers on the back of my car.It is on the window just above my NRA sticker.

The Commies show their displeasure by getting RIGHT up on my bumper at traffic lights. I do my best to hesitate a second or two after the light changes to make sure that no one is running the red light in another direction, of course...:cool:

I am waiting for the day one of them is so pizzled that they tap my rear bumper and I get out to inspect the damage and exchange information while OCing.

That should be good for a :what:.