• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Shooting Day at the Sultan Pit - Sat May 9th

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I know its short notice but the SeattleGuns.org website has been hosting monthly
get togethers to shoot weapons at various sites. This month The Sultan Pit was chosen. BTW: There will be tannerite at this shoot.

I will have room for 2-3 if anyone wants to go and needs a ride out of the Tacoma / Federal Way / Seatacarea. PM me

For information and directions check out the following link.
http://www.seattleguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2273&sid=f88ec529970b9af9089bb1cf4c26129c

Directions:http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii194/m1gunr/seattleguns/sultan-directions.jpg

For those with site issues or just too lazy to pull it up:
Okay, this time we're going to have a Shooting Day up North so those living up there get a chance to have a shoot closer to their home. I planned this out for May 9th. No Holiday's that I know of, and no gun shows that show on the calendars. Also far enough out that everybody has a chance to plan to attend, and recover their ammo supply from the last shoot!

We will have garbage cans for all of our garbage (water bottles, cans, ammo boxes, shot up targets at the end of the day, etc.). It is very important that we do our part to keep this place clean, as I want to be able to continue to go there. There have been some problems in the past, and there are a few locals working with the State guys to keep it open to responsible shooters. We don't want this site or it's members to be thought of as part of the problem, so we need to keep it clean and make a good impression! We should all be doing that wherever we go anyway!

DIRECTIONS: Take Hwy 2 through Monroeand continue through Sultan. You will pass all the way through town, and you will start up a hill. At the top of the hill is a light, this is Sultan Basin Road. Take a left at this light. You will be on Sultan Basin Road, and you will drive past a few housing developments. Stay on this road until you get to 116th, which will be on your left. Take a left on 116th, go through the gate, and the gravel pit will be on the left. It's VERY easy to find, as long as you don't miss 116th! If you start getting into the 300's on street signs, you have gone too far.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Those that didn't go missed out a great shoot. The tanerite was a literal blast even better when the Snohomish County Deputies showed up. They told us we had to shop shooting it and I informed them we had already mixed the next batch and it was illegal to transport when mixed. They let us finish it off.... Other than that no issues. They walked the line and checked out what everyone was shooting. We even offered to let them shoot some stuff, they declined.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Those that didn't go missed out a great shoot. The tanerite was a literal blast even better when the Snohomish County Deputies showed up. They told us we had to shop shooting it and I informed them we had already mixed the next batch and it was illegal to transport when mixed. They let us finish it off.... Other than that no issues. They walked the line and checked out what everyone was shooting. We even offered to let them shoot some stuff, they declined.

Wish I had known, would have loved to go. That spot isn't too far from my place. I thought it had been closed down? Who owns the property, it is ok on weekends only or good anytime? I have weekdays off, always looking for a place to do a little plinking without crowds and commandos.

Out of curiosity, what was the legal reason for not allowing Tannerite? My understanding was that it is not considered an explosive and is not considered a firework. So what was the authority to make you stop?

Tawnos

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
So what was the authority to make you stop?
Noise complaint - imagine that at a shooting range.....
Hm, last time we (MS guns & shooting enthusiasts) were there (Apr 4th) there wasn't a problem. SeattleGuns people were there as well, and had tannerite (and were dumb with it... blew a sizeable rock back towards people/cars). Wonder who called in the noise complaint. What size of tannerite?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

DNR has banned tannerite and exploding targets from their land. I don't know who owns the Sultan pit, but something to keep in mind...

Nitrox314

imported post

Where is the Sultan pit at? I remember going up with my mom's old boyfriend deep into the basin and shooting .22 at dead trees. Never knew there was a designated place.