Thread: Radio Scripts for Constitutional Rights (Contest)

Centurion

Post imported post

We are about to launch a radio campaign to protect our Constitutional rights in Wisconsin. The radio scripts must be smart, hard hitting, and define the issue in our terms. A simple statement of facts is *not* enough. Short scripts are better than long scripts. I suggest that people submit scripts of three possible lengths, 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 60 seconds. After you have written a proposed script, read it aloud as you want it said on the air, and time it. Mike can judge the scripts or he can appoint a committee to evaluate them. Maybe he will find a better one than any proposed, or there will be a clear winner. We don't have to stick with one, and we can find ways to get the best on the air.

Here is one of mine. I call it "The Mom".

A young woman speaking with concern at first, then increasing frustration (30 seconds).

Young Mother: My Ex threatened my kids. I have a restraining order. A police officer told me to get a gun.

The law sayswhenIcarry my gun in my car, it *must* be concealed and *unloaded*.

The law says I can't carry a concealed gun in my car.

The law says I can't carry a gun near a school, even to pick up my kids.

My Ex doesn't care.

The Constitution guarantees my right to be armed for defense, security or *any* legal reason.

What's a mother to do?

Centurion

Post imported post

Copywrite claimed for "The Mom", to be used only with the permission of ccwinstructor .

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

At every crime scene the first person is the perpetrator, The second is the victim you and you alone whether you like it or not, you
    are the first responder.We all have one life to live,Do you really want to be defenselesswhile waiting for the police to arrive? No one should be forced to be put in that position unless by choice.

Feel free to edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Centurion

Post imported post

We are about to launch a radio campaign to protect our Constitutional rights in Wisconsin.
    `

Thats a pretty broad goal.

What do we want specifically? If we drive traffic to opencarry.org, we can then have a much longer "conversation"

Something more catchy that gets people to the website (and then we could tailor the homepage to a more specific message)

"Protect your right to protect yourself" "Visit opencarry.org to find out how"

or

"For 161 years the people of wisconsin have had the right toprotect (defend) themselves. Find out who is trying to take that right away. visit www.opencarry.org."

Centurion

Post imported post

You are absolutely correct that the scripts *must* give a way to get more information, either opencarry.org or another site specially designed for that purpose. I should have included a contact line on mine. Your scripts are excellent to recruit activists, and have the advantage of being short and cheap. I like mine as a way to appeal to a broader audience, possibly change the perception of public opinion held by politicians and judges, and to change the terms of debate. I wonder if we could get conservative talk show hosts to run a script like mine for free. It has high entertainment value, and could be easily made into a faux public service announcement such as those used by Rush.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Radio ads and frankly all publicity must be totally simple easy to understand for 8th graders - as soon as you are cute or delve into technical or frankly substanative issues or raise mysteries you are wasting valubale time and money. Stick and move is the only way to move the ball.