• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch not happy with Obama

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
They would behave VERY differently if they had the filibuster-proof senate. And we still don't know if they'll get it.

They aren't being timid because of the Gun Lobby. they know there will be a price to pay, and they're just waiting for a guarantee that they can launch their assault and the damage will be done before that price is paid.

When they finally "pull the trigger" on it, you can be certain that it will be done swiftly and without the buildup they usually have.

If and when they do take anti-gun action, it will come swiftly and without warning. The gears of Congress will have never turned faster. They don't want a fight, they want a guaranteed surgical strike.
That "surgical strike" may come back against them.
Everybody talks big, but the time for that kind of action came and went decades ago.

Besides, it wouldn't change anything. We wouldn't know who needed that until it was already done.

There are clear traitors in our government already. Is anyone getting their hands dirty?

Nope. We're all still too 'reasonable' to do something about it. I ask, what is 'reasonable' about knowingly allowing a traitor to weave his/her craft?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ixtow wrote:
They would behave VERY differently if they had the filibuster-proof senate.  And we still don't know if they'll get it.

They aren't being timid because of the Gun Lobby.  they know there will be a price to pay, and they're just waiting for a guarantee that they can launch their assault and the damage will be done before that price is paid.

When they finally "pull the trigger" on it, you can be certain that it will be done swiftly and without the buildup they usually have.

If and when they do take anti-gun action, it will come swiftly and without warning.  The gears of Congress will have never turned faster.  They don't want a fight, they want a guaranteed surgical strike.
Who's this? The Brady Bunch? lol... Don't make me laugh.

Or maybe you mean Congress itself, that ever-so-potent font of efficacy? :quirky

Paranoid, much?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You act as though no gun control bill has ever been passed before... I must be paranoid to think that something that looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has self-defined itself as a duck for over 100 years, could possibly be a duck...

That doesn't make me paranoid. That makes me awake.

Mark my words, when they spring this one, there will be a vote in the Senate before we even have a copy in our hands to read.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And exactly what political capital do you suppose will be used to achieve such an unprecedented and monumental fait accompli over an issue so few people really care to see accomplished?

I mean, do you honestly believe the average congresscritter really cares about anything other than immediate expediency?

What you're describing would be the work of a group of immensely influential individuals. Perhaps you could show me some Brady Bunchers who aren't a complete political joke by this point?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Democrats are so filled with hatred for guns (and gun owners), they'll gladly cast themselves upon the sacrificial altar of knowing they won't be re-elected, in order to pass any kind of gun ban they can. But they won't do it until the act will be guaranteed to pass, and not be narrowly defeated exposing them and not getting the job done. They learned from the Clinton Ban. But not the lesson you think they learned. These people are sick extremists. They're only a few baby steps away from suicide bombings themselves.

You seem to imagine a world in which their kind is not what it is. I can't 'prove' reality to you if you choose not to see it for yourself... They hold serious majorities in both houses. They can see a loss of position coming already. If they get the chance to guarantee a pass, they will take it so fast your head will spin. Deal them out in the next election, it won't matter. The damage will be done.

I'm not falling for any of their "stick your head in the sand, we promise it's safe not to watch us" propaganda. The Brady Bunch have never had much, if any, influence to begin with. The politicians themselves are more interested in it than anyone in the anti-gun lobby. It's a personal vendetta against those people (us) that they see as their enemy. The ones who dare defy them.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Democrats are so filled with hatred for guns (and gun owners), they'll gladly cast themselves upon the sacrificial altar of knowing they won't be re-elected, in order to pass any kind of gun ban they can.

Yeah, uh, rightttttt.

Good insight.
7.gif

The Donkey

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Democrats are so filled with hatred for guns (and gun owners), they'll gladly cast themselves upon the sacrificial altar of knowing they won't be re-elected, in order to pass any kind of gun ban they can. But they won't do it until the act will be guaranteed to pass, and not be narrowly defeated exposing them and not getting the job done. They learned from the Clinton Ban. But not the lesson you think they learned. These people are sick extremists. They're only a few baby steps away from suicide bombings themselves.

You seem to imagine a world in which their kind is not what it is. I can't 'prove' reality to you if you choose not to see it for yourself... They hold serious majorities in both houses. They can see a loss of position coming already. If they get the chance to guarantee a pass, they will take it so fast your head will spin. Deal them out in the next election, it won't matter. The damage will be done.

I'm not falling for any of their "stick your head in the sand, we promise it's safe not to watch us" propaganda. The Brady Bunch have never had much, if any, influence to begin with. The politicians themselves are more interested in it than anyone in the anti-gun lobby. It's a personal vendetta against those people (us) that they see as their enemy. The ones who dare defy them.

If all the Democrats really thought that way about a gun ban, then we would already have one. There are enough anti-gun republicans to pass gun control when combined with a solid democratic block.

But enough of "them" are "us" so it just ain't gonna happen that way.

PS From a "sick extremist:" Boogada boogada boo!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Democrats are so filled with hatred for guns (and gun owners), they'll gladly cast themselves upon the sacrificial altar of knowing they won't be re-elected, in order to pass any kind of gun ban they can.
This must be satire.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They've done it before. Go ahead and put out your own eyes just to have an argument... Any further response cannot be productive.