Thread: OC Encounter

Post imported post

Moving to different topic ....

Post imported post

Do you happen to have the Gentleman's name? Thanks,

Ken

Post imported post

You did educate him although leave out the posted business part as that is false and try to replace it with something else, like portions of establishments that are off limits to persons under 21 as deemed by the state liquor control board.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

drallen85 wrote:
    Good to know thanks.* However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.
    Not until they verbally ask you to leave. There are few places that firearms are statutorily restricted. Private business must verbally ask you to leave before your presence could be deemed unlawful and you will more than likely face trespass charges for refusal.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

We generally stick posts like this one on the "OC in Pullman" thread. Glad to see people OCing around Pullman on this busy weekend.

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    drallen85 wrote:
    Good to know thanks. However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.
    Not until they verbally ask you to leave. There are few places that firearms are statutorily restricted. Private business must verbally ask you to leave before your presence could be deemed unlawful and you will more than likely face trespass charges for refusal.
    Hey can you point me to the RCW on this point?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    drallen85 wrote:
    Good to know thanks.* However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.
    Hey can you point me to the RCW on this point?
    That is the whole point. There is no RCW therefore it is not illegal to disobey no firearm signs. ( does not apply to certain signs )

The trespass RCW states that it is a defense if the actor complied with all lawful conditions to remain on the property. Signs can be a notification but to my recollection is that they must be very specifically written and a sign that states simply state no firearms carries no weight of law.

If the establishment/property is open to the public then it is assumed you are there lawfully until asked to leave by someone of authority.