• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Encounter

joeroket

imported post

You did educate him although leave out the posted business part as that is false and try to replace it with something else, like portions of establishments that are off limits to persons under 21 as deemed by the state liquor control board.

joeroket

imported post

drallen85 wrote:
Good to know thanks.  However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.

Not until they verbally ask you to leave. There are few places that firearms are statutorily restricted. Private business must verbally ask you to leave before your presence could be deemed unlawful and you will more than likely face trespass charges for refusal.

Dave The Welder

imported post

We generally stick posts like this one on the "OC in Pullman" thread. Glad to see people OCing around Pullman on this busy weekend.

Metalhead47

imported post

joeroket wrote:
drallen85 wrote:
Good to know thanks. However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.

Not until they verbally ask you to leave. There are few places that firearms are statutorily restricted. Private business must verbally ask you to leave before your presence could be deemed unlawful and you will more than likely face trespass charges for refusal.
Hey can you point me to the RCW on this point?

joeroket

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
drallen85 wrote:
Good to know thanks.  However I was under the impression that businesses that posted no firearms were covered under the "cannot carry" part.

Hey can you point me to the RCW on this point?

That is the whole point. There is no RCW therefore it is not illegal to disobey no firearm signs. ( does not apply to certain signs )

The trespass RCW states that it is a defense if the actor complied with all lawful conditions to remain on the property. Signs can be a notification but to my recollection is that they must be very specifically written and a sign that states simply state no firearms carries no weight of law.

If the establishment/property is open to the public then it is assumed you are there lawfully until asked to leave by someone of authority.