• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Event in Vandercook Lake

wally1120

imported post

I am wanting to have A Open Carry Event going this Sunday May 10,2009 I have 3 For sure and 3 possible`s and am wanting to get a few more people to walk around Vandercook Lake. If you are intrested in joining please PM me

T Vance

imported post

Well I saw these 3 suspicious characters walking around! I should have taken a photo, but didn't think about it until just now. The park they walked by was basically vacant at the time, but has picked up a little now. Walking down Hague you should have got some spectators.

How did it go? Any comments, other than from me? Sorry I couldn't join, but the "honey-do" list is taking presidence.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I am wanting to have A Open Carry Event going this Sunday May 10,2009 I have 3 For sure and 3 possible`s and am wanting to get a few more people to walk around Vandercook Lake. If you are intrested in joining please PM me
Wally, any updates on the event?

T Vance

imported post

From what I heard from Kimberguy, they walked around the park they origanly were harrased at (2 weeks ago at theVandercook Lake County Park) right by my house. I saw them, talked with them for about 10 mintues. From there they walked to another park called Ella Sharp Park (where I'm getting married). They walked back and saw a sheriff (one of the one's that harrased them originally; from what I heard anyway) parked in a parking lot at an auto dealer. He stopped and talked with them. They told him that "they were out enjoying the fresh air". The sheriff asked for ID from Kimberguy, and he responded "you know I don't have to give you ID", the sheriff replied "I know". Kimberguy showed him his CPL anyway. They left from there and went home.

Now remember I was not there, so some of this may be wrong, but I have a pretty good memory and I just spoke with Kimberguy about it like 5 hours ago.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
From what I heard from Kimberguy, they walked around the park they origanly were harrased at (2 weeks ago at theVandercook Lake County Park) right by my house. I saw them, talked with them for about 10 mintues. From there they walked to another park called Ella Sharp Park (where I'm getting married). They walked back and saw a sheriff (one of the one's that harrased them originally; from what I heard anyway) parked in a parking lot at an auto dealer. He stopped and talked with them. They told him that "they were out enjoying the fresh air". The sheriff asked for ID from Kimberguy, and he responded "you know I don't have to give you ID", the sheriff replied "I know". Kimberguy showed him his CPL anyway. They left from there and went home.

Now remember I was not there, so some of this may be wrong, but I have a pretty good memory and I just spoke with Kimberguy about it like 5 hours ago.
Good to hear it went well, thanks for the info T.