• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unreal... tell me we don't have a few of these guys...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
It's classic intranetz tactic. You put down a known, superior quality product because it's "not up to your standards," then everyone goes, "oh my, what a badass, even HK isn't good enough for him." At least that's the intended effect. :lol:
That's the true definition of a troll.

As opposed to how most forum-ites who are losing in online discussions/debates use the word. They define the term to mean "somebody who disagrees with me, who Ican't refute with my limited vocabulary."

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
It's classic intranetz tactic. You put down a known, superior quality product because it's "not up to your standards," then everyone goes, "oh my, what a badass, even HK isn't good enough for him." At least that's the intended effect. :lol:

As opposed to how most forum-ites who are losing in online discussions/debates use the word. They define the term to mean "somebody who disagrees with me, who Ican't refute with my limited vocabulary."

LOL Don't even get me started. I've already been called a troll for correcting them on the definition of troll. :quirky

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
HankT wrote:

LOL Don't even get me started. I've already been called a troll for correcting them on the definition of troll. :quirky

You know....we think so much alike that it would seem th...

Nah. Never mind. It was nothing.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
HankT wrote:

You know....we think so much alike that it would seem th...

Nah. Never mind. It was nothing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tiny85

imported post

Thank you so much for passing this along I finally understand the Brady campaign. still don't agree with them but I understand them now. If he is a sampling of what they think we all are I would think were all crazy too.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Gecko has to have been joking. Do you know anything about Special Weapons?

HK may make legendarily overrated SMGs, but comparing them to SW is just a total joke. It simply has to be. There's no way someone is going to get fed up with the quality of HK and go to inferior knockoffs from there.

I took that as him being a Kia owner and going on the Honda boards and saying what junk Hondas are, because he knew this guy, that knew this guy, that had a friend... and he's just jealous.  It's classic intranetz tactic.  You put down a known, superior quality product because it's "not up to your standards," then everyone goes, "oh my, what a badass, even HK isn't good enough for him."  At least that's the intended effect. :lol:

Geck45 wrote:
No, you blithering idiot, that was a preliminary wants list, but now that our team has concluded that HK’s are brass-bending plastic liability sortagunz, we have completely abandoned that original list and our carbines will be supplied by Hi-Point, or handguns by Lorcin, our backup weapons by Jennings, and our SMG’s and 7.62 battle rifles(SW3’s) by Special Weapons. We only deal with the best, and we feel that the caliber(pun for those of you not to sheeplike to notice) of weapons we have chosen are at the very top of their class.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Gecko has to have been joking. Do you know anything about Special Weapons?

HK may make legendarily overrated SMGs, but comparing them to SW is just a total joke. It simply has to be. There's no way someone is going to get fed up with the quality of HK and go to inferior knockoffs from there.

I took that as him being a Kia owner and going on the Honda boards and saying what junk Hondas are, because he knew this guy, that knew this guy, that had a friend... and he's just jealous. It's classic intranetz tactic. You put down a known, superior quality product because it's "not up to your standards," then everyone goes, "oh my, what a badass, even HK isn't good enough for him." At least that's the intended effect. :lol:

Geck45 wrote:
No, you blithering idiot, that was a preliminary wants list, but now that our team has concluded that HK’s are brass-bending plastic liability sortagunz, we have completely abandoned that original list and our carbines will be supplied by Hi-Point, or handguns by Lorcin, our backup weapons by Jennings, and our SMG’s and 7.62 battle rifles(SW3’s) by Special Weapons. We only deal with the best, and we feel that the caliber(pun for those of you not to sheeplike to notice) of weapons we have chosen are at the very top of their class.

Yea, I guess I see your point. All he needed was Taurus to complete the bottom of the barrel brands...

david.ross

imported post

I.... .... .... ... ... ... :uhoh:

What the hell is wrong with people >.> At most I joke every once and a while and wear a prop hat... There are seriously deranged people who are really tacticool? I thought it was an occasional forum joke, not real...

VAopencarry

imported post

Its a joke people, really.

The author and his aliases put enough over the top stuff in there to let us know it's a joke but people don't seem to get 'it'.

ODA 226

imported post

Gecko 45 has entertained me for many years now. I had a friend of mine read one of Geckos' posts while he was drinking coffee...it was amazing how far coffee can be projected out of one's nose! LOL!

American Rattlesnake

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Gecko 45 has entertained me for many years now.

Same here.:) Gecko45 is practically a legend in his own right on many gun forums. He defined the term "mall ninja" through his satire.

And yes, gentlemen, it is satire.

(I hope) ;)

kenshin

imported post

"If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God."

My absolute favorite quote of the thread. Talk about a god complex.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I read about "Gunkid" last night. This guy definitely has a LOT of screws loose and/or missing.

What a piece of work! This guy needs to be locked up and the key LOST forever before he hurts someone else.

if he wasn't so dangerous to the public, I would consider his rants (writing) as almost entertaining. if you don't have something else to read, that is. Mack Bolan, Scoot over, there's a NEW SHERIFF in town! :lol:

<literally Rolling on the Floor, laughing my @$$ off>