Thread: HB 129 Petition

Post imported post

Here is a petition for people interested in seeing this bill become law.

http://gopetition.com/petitions/supp...io-hb-129.html

Post imported post

Thanks for the link. I signed the petition.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

A question for those of you in the know on this petition. I note that the proposed legislationretains the prohibition for the carriage of firearms in places that serve alcohol (currently forbidden under Ohio law). Is the purpose of this bill to essentially eliminate the need for a concealed weapon permit, while retaining the same prohibited places under the law?

It is my understanding that OhioCCW is working with legislators to get some sort of bill that would allow for carriage of firearms in places that serve alcohol, however the current wording of what I've read limits the carrying to only those who have the concealed weapon permit. Any ideas on how that would be addressed if this bill passes?

Post imported post

I signed the petition too. Thanks.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Post imported post

This bill doesn't address restaurant carry, but it will prevent you from getting sent to prison if you carry a concealed weapon without a license.

Post imported post

Signed! I will get my family and friends to sign this too.

Post imported post

I hope everyone will take the extra step of directly contacting their state representative, in addition to signing this petition.

Post imported post

I hope people are still keeping an eye on this thread, this HB is a great step to restoring our freedoms.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oops, made comment on the wrong bill.

This is the no permit needed to conceal bill. This one does restore freedom.

Post imported post

Yeah that is the reason why I want to try and get as many people to sign this as possible. I have already got about 4 people that I personally know to sign it. We need more tho.

Post imported post

signed.

Post imported post

Has anyone heard any of the progress on this bill? I have not heard anything.

MY EMAIL TO AND THE RESPONSE FROM MY REP:

Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you for your e-mail and input regarding House Bill 203, sponsored by Representatives Bubp and Martin. This legislation was introduced last week and referred to the House Public Safety Committee, of which I am not a member. As a gun owner myself, I am always very interested in gun laws. I will take your input into consideration as the bill receives debate.

Sincerely,

Richard N. Adams

State Representative

Ohio House District 79

Posted At: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:04 PM
    Posted To: District79
    Conversation: HB 203
    Subject: HB 203

Hello Representative Adams,

I wanted to contact you and encourage your support of House Bill 203 (Restaurant Carry). I support you, and many do, in voting in favor of this issue. Thank you for your time sir.

Respectfully,

Post imported post

I just signed the Web Petition I really hope this gets passed,now would this also go for bars?
    I guess this raises a big question how powerful is CCA and the NRA they make their money from people not being able to CC whenever they want.Are they powerful enough to Quash this bill?
    How many votes will this bill need to be ratified?

Post imported post

What is CCA? How does NRA and CCA make money off people not being able to conceal carry? All that is needed to pass is a simple majority.

Post imported post

Conclead carry of America they are an ORG that supplies the money and is a backing force for the CC movement right? I may be wrong I do not know how this org works.
    Well the NRA instructors would defintly loose out on money to fund their classes right? I mean if the mainstream "Juan Fulano" was able to just OC these ORGs would loose funding which in turn would pretty much start a racing war to stop this bill from passing right.
    I do not know much about how state laws work but it would seem to me that this would have some effect on their money making powers.