• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 129 Petition

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A question for those of you in the know on this petition. I note that the proposed legislationretains the prohibition for the carriage of firearms in places that serve alcohol (currently forbidden under Ohio law). Is the purpose of this bill to essentially eliminate the need for a concealed weapon permit, while retaining the same prohibited places under the law?

It is my understanding that OhioCCW is working with legislators to get some sort of bill that would allow for carriage of firearms in places that serve alcohol, however the current wording of what I've read limits the carrying to only those who have the concealed weapon permit. Any ideas on how that would be addressed if this bill passes?

RT48

imported post

I hope everyone will take the extra step of directly contacting their state representative, in addition to signing this petition.

IxionDeece

imported post

Yeah that is the reason why I want to try and get as many people to sign this as possible. I have already got about 4 people that I personally know to sign it. We need more tho.

GOT9MM1

imported post

Has anyone heard any of the progress on this bill? I have not heard anything.

MY EMAIL TO AND THE RESPONSE FROM MY REP:

Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you for your e-mail and input regarding House Bill 203, sponsored by Representatives Bubp and Martin. This legislation was introduced last week and referred to the House Public Safety Committee, of which I am not a member. As a gun owner myself, I am always very interested in gun laws. I will take your input into consideration as the bill receives debate.

Sincerely,

Richard N. Adams

State Representative

Ohio House District 79

Posted At: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:04 PM
Posted To: District79
Conversation: HB 203
Subject: HB 203

Hello Representative Adams,

I wanted to contact you and encourage your support of House Bill 203 (Restaurant Carry). I support you, and many do, in voting in favor of this issue. Thank you for your time sir.

Respectfully,

Bustelo5%

imported post

I just signed the Web Petition I really hope this gets passed,now would this also go for bars?
I guess this raises a big question how powerful is CCA and the NRA they make their money from people not being able to CC whenever they want.Are they powerful enough to Quash this bill?
How many votes will this bill need to be ratified?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Conclead carry of America they are an ORG that supplies the money and is a backing force for the CC movement right? I may be wrong I do not know how this org works.
Well the NRA instructors would defintly loose out on money to fund their classes right? I mean if the mainstream "Juan Fulano" was able to just OC these ORGs would loose funding which in turn would pretty much start a racing war to stop this bill from passing right.
I do not know much about how state laws work but it would seem to me that this would have some effect on their money making powers.