• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti OC opinion piece in Capital Times

opusd2

imported post

Another ignorant individual trying to baptize others into his skewed way of thinking using media driven buzz words like "assault weapons". It's too bad he wants everyone to give up their constitutionally protected 2nd amendment right while exercising his 1st amendment right. The irony is not lost here. At least he spewed he garbled paranoia in a Madison paper where he could find comrades, unfortunately they are too busy hiding behind the bed to read the piece and subsequently respond to it like the pro-gun readers did. Maybe there is hope for us yet.

patriotguy

imported post

Oh, that's just Joel McNally. He's a diehard liberal that got fired from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel years ago. Didn't know he was still around.

What's new in this story? It's been weeks since the AG's memo, and we had one guy have a gun in a school zone, and another fend off four attackers. Is that the mayhem and O.K. Corral stuff that the anti-gun types expected?

"Pool of bozos?", "Right-wing extremists?" How funny is this guy?

Again, is there anything new in this liberal screed? It's the same old boring stuff all the anti-gun types are saying.

Max

imported post

Joel McNally is so far left that he is just inches from falling off the edge. I do not think anyone takes him seriously, including himself.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Max wrote:
Joel McNally is so far left that he is just inches from falling off the edge.
Morelike he is desperatley holding on to a blade of grass to keep from falling off the edge of the earth. (been there, but a different subject altogether)

People like McNally is one of the many reasons I absolutely refuse to live in or near any"College Town" ever again. 20 years ago it had it's benefits:celebrate:?though.

Support The 2nd

imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
He's a diehard liberal that got fired from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel years ago.
I respectfully disagree. I found this on another forum, and thought I would share it here.
*Noun: Liberal
A person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties.
*Adjective: Liberal
1-Showing or characterized by broad-mindedness.
2-Having political or social views favoring reform and progress.
3-Tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition.

Civil liberties are freedoms that protect an individual from the government of the nation in which they reside. Civil liberties set limits for government so that it cannot abuse its power and interfere unduly with the lives of its citizens.

The right to keep and bear arms is a civil liberty, but it is a civil liberty McNally and manyself proclaimed "liberals"disapprove of. Ifthese "liberals" acknowledge that "the right to keep and bears arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation, and any other lawful purpose," is a civil liberty, then they do not "favor the protection of civil liberties." If these "liberals"do not see firearms ownership/possession as a civil liberty, then it begs the question, what other civil liberties dothey want to take away. Bydefinition, "liberals" don't take civil liberties away they protect them.

Showing or characterized by broad-mindedness: Not McNally,he isvery close-minded when it comes to firearms ownership/possession.

Tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition: Again, by McNally's statements,he made it clear thathe will not tolerate anyone carrying a sidearm when they go to the store andhe does not want others totolerate it either.

So, not tolerant, not broad-minded, not protecting civil liberties, not liberal.

In fact, I would have to say, that by the posts I have read on here, and the definition provided, most members here are true liberals, compared to thelikes McNally.

nevinsb

imported post

Some of those comments at the bottom of the page were hilarious.