• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty Fest 2009

THway

imported post

2009_lflogoheader.jpg

Heritage Park is located behind the Canton Administration Building and Library, just west of Canton Center Road between Cherry Hill and Summit Parkway.
There is no admission to the festival grounds and the majority of activities are free of charge.
[align=center]Liberty Fest Parade
and Pancake Breakfast
Saturday, June 20
Breakfast Starts: 7 a.m.
Parade Starts: 9 a.m.[/align] Parade route - SuperBowl to Outback Steakhouse.
  • Please no pets, rollerblades or skateboards.
  • Please park bikes in corral
  • Parents are responsible for the direct supervision of their children at all times
  • Parking (Become a member of our "Friends of CLS" sponsorship group and have your parking space reserved for the Festival, or look for our VIP Parking with proceeds going to a local non-profit service club)
Parking is available around Heritage Park, the Canton Administration Building, the Canton Library, St. Joseph Mercy Health Care Facility and the Summit on the Park.
[align=center]FAMILY ZONE
Thursday: 1pm-10pm
Friday: 1pm-10pm
Saturday: 11am-10pm
Wristband or tickets required, (lines close at 9:30pm daily) [/align] Wristbands will be available for purchase on a daily basis for $20, and individual tickets are available for $1 each.
Highlights
  • IGX Video Gaming Area, including a Guitar Hero Tournament
  • 15 Carnival rides
  • Inflatable Attractions
  • Midway Games, and more, including Water Wars and an Astroliner!
  • Performances by the Flying Wallendas
  • Lego Exhibit
  • Monster Mural
  • Huron-Clinton Metro Park Authority Mobile Learning Center
  • D & M Art Workshop Tent
  • Scholastic Book Fair
  • Pony Rides
  • Paddle Boats
Activities this year include:
  • International Festival [align=center]Iron Chef Competition
    Saturday, June 20
    11 a.m.[/align] This annual event will feature a competition between Continental Catering and Canton Fire.
    New this year - "On the Side" stages will feature the Spice Up the Summer showdown, and under the "Try It, Test It, Taste It" tent will be several interactive presentations for kids and adults to enjoy.

Held on Saturday at the Canton Live State. Includes displays and live performances.
  • Canton Public Safety Interactive Display and Demonstrations
    Don't miss their K-9 demonstrations Saturday afternoon in the Family Zone!America's Most Wanted Car Club Car Show
  • Family Zone
    Over 30 rides, games and inflatable's. Carnival games and rides begin Thursday afternoon.
  • MarketPlace
    Community Groups and Local Businesses showcase their arts, crafts, goods and services.
  • Taste of Canton
    Local Restaurants & Vendors will be on-site throughout the weekend.
    Friday night will host the 11th Annual Canton Firefighters Spaghetti Dinner.Saturday Morning Pancake Breakfast and Parade

http://www.canton-mi.org/libertyfest/index.aspx

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hello people!?!?!? is anybody out there?

This is THE EVENT of the year.

This is where and when we show Canton police that an IWB holster without anything else covering it IS OPEN CARRY!

We want to make a point, not get people into trouble. Therefore I ask the following:

I ask that ALL CPL holders wear and use an IWB to this event.
I ask that all non-CPL holders wear fully exposed holsters to this event.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

MOC can plan on doing something at this event. We also got contacted about a Freedom Fest in Tawas over the week of July 4th. So we will be needing volunteers to man tables etc..... at least at the Tawas event as a table has been reserved.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Hello people!?!?!? is anybody out there?

This is THE EVENT of the year.

This is where and when we show Canton police that an IWB holster without anything else covering it IS OPEN CARRY!

We want to make a point, not get people into trouble. Therefore I ask the following:

I ask that ALL CPL holders wear and use an IWB to this event.
I ask that all non-CPL holders wear fully exposed holsters to this event.
Doug can you take the lead on this? Is it too late to have a MOC table?