• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a thought here for laughs

Ratt402

imported post

I was at the airport the other day here in Greensboro talking with some of the people I work around. The topic turned to one of our favorites which is about OCing...yea, I know, go figure huh? LOL! Anyways, a cartoon was produced for laughs and it was a simple black and white cartoon of two houses. One had a sign in front saying something to the fact of the home-owner's neighbor does not support the second amendment and does not own any guns as he is totally against them. He would rather just call 911 and he supports his neighbor's right to believe that way. He would also not use his handguns in any way to assist his neighbor and just let him call 911.

I do not remember the exact wording, but you get the idea. Well, I got to thinking, hmmm. What IF, now, since there is so much animosity ( dear God, I do love spell check in here!) with those of us just wanting to exercise our rights, what if we gave those "wonderful people" (note ALOT of sarcasm here) just what they asked for?

What if, we got a movement for those of us that did believe in arming our homes to post signs in our front yard? Just give it a thought for a second now, they do not like us to OC, even worse, to CC. So, if we just advertise we do, and those that do not, don't have signs. What kind of up roar would they be doing then? Think that might get those "wonderful people" to start to have second thoughts?

I hope I got a chuckle from those of you that read this, its Sunday morning, good cup o joe and on one of my favorite sites here just wanting to laugh in the middle of all the crap we are getting from just trying to be good citizens.

Semper Fi!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I think something got lost in the translation...but do enjoy your coffee. I've already had my 4 cups...

Ratt402

imported post

In other words, neighbor A was a supporter of owning and carrying guns, neighbor B doesn't. Neighbor A has the sign stating the fact in his front yard about neighbor B. Hence portraying the fact that Neighbor A IS armed and would not assist neighbor B as he supports Neighbor B's right to have his beliefs.Sorry if I messed up getting the laugh across, I promise not to post anything else till I have at least 2 or more cups in me and can think straighter! haha

John L

imported post

guns.jpg