• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family Including Three Small Kids Awaken By A Home Invasion

Ratt402

imported post

Just wanting to pass this on to everyone. Here is just another reason for citizens to be armed. They were very lucky that the family was not killed just because seeing as the intruders "appeared" to be on something from the look in their eyes from the mug shots.

Semper Fi!

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=123854&catid=57

Eden, NC-- An Eden family got a wake-up call no family wants to receive. Police investigators with the Eden police department say in the early morning hours of Friday, May 8, the family's home was broken into by three people pointing a gun.

Officers say the house was occupied by Michael Shuff, Charlotte Shuff, Makia Shuff and three small children. The suspects forced their way into the residence demanding money at gun point. An undisclosed amount of money was obtained, and the suspects fled the scene.

After a thorough investigation officers arrested Jason Allen Boothe, Jessica Nichole Lewis, and a juvenile. All three were charged with First Degree Burglary, and Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon.

Jason Allen Boothe of Stoneville received a $100,000 secure bond, Jessica Nichole Lewis of Ridgway, Virginia received a $20,000 secured bond and the juvenile received a $10,000 secured bond when taken before Rockingham County Magistrates Office.

Investigators have outstanding warrants for the arrest of Timothy Wayne London Jr of 1619 NC Hwy 135 for his involvement in the incident. If you have further information about this incident please contact Detective Paul Moore or Detective Ronnie Lee Markham at 336-623-9755.

Eden Police Dept.

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

These types of criminals had better thoroughly pray to whoever it is that they pray to that they never choose my home to attempt to invade during the night.

I do believe the news report would likely read differently than "An undisclosed amount of money was obtained, and the suspects fled the scene."

jp49911

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
These types of criminals had better thoroughly pray to whoever it is that they pray to that they never choose my home to attempt to invade during the night.

I do believe the news report would likely read differently than "An undisclosed amount of money was obtained, and the suspects fled the scene."
+1

tracylaud83

imported post

I can just see the Headline

Homeless / Drunk man shot while trying to use a homeowners phone. Witnessed by a Juvenile who was with the drunk man, and now suffers from severe emotional distress. Homeowner charged for the "Unlawful" killing, and sued for the distress he caused the juvenile...........

ocgso

imported post

tracylaud83 wrote:
I can just see the Headline

Homeless / Drunk man shot while trying to use a homeowners phone. Witnessed by a Juvenile who was with the drunk man, and now suffers from severe emotional distress. Homeowner charged for the "Unlawful" killing, and sued for the distress he caused the juvenile...........

They are just fortunate that they picked the right house. My dad lives up that way and would feed a 300gr JHP to each.

If they broke into his house, headline would say "3 killed in attempted robbery", including said juvenile.

There was a shooting over the weekend in greensboro, another reason to have a firearm on you while in the house. You never know when some tweaker is going to come through your door.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-gso-couple-killed-090517,0,1334768.story

That is what gets me so riled up about my job. I cannot have a firearm at work or in my car, so if someone jumps me outside my home (like this story) I am defenseless.:banghead: