• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Respecting States Rights & Concealed Carry Reciprocity ACT

Flintlock

imported post

Senator Begich responded to me...

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the various proposals in the 111[size=th][/size] Congress regarding the 2[size=nd][/size] Amendment.

I am a strong supporter of a person's right to bear arms. I am proud to be a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and of the "A" rating I received from the NRA during my recent campaign for the U.S. Senate.

I will fight any proposal which infringes on law-abiding citizens' right to keep and bear arms. In an effort to secure the rights of individuals to lawfully carry concealed firearms across state lines, I recently became the only Democrat to co-sponsor the Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. This legislation allows an individual to lawfully carry a concealed firearm across state lines if they have a valid permit or, if under their state of residence, they are allowed to do so.

The Second Amendment is of utmost importance to Alaskans, and this is just one step in my ongoing commitment to protect our right to bear arms. Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue.

spyderdude

imported post

Yes there are pro-gun Democrats as well as anti-gun Republicans. I am glad to see Mark Begich is in full support of the right to keep and bear arms, as well as concealed carry.

Flintlock

imported post

I mentioned that he was changing his tune because he was a member of the BloombergMayors against illegal guns coalition and withdrew because it was sounwise when he planned to run for higher office in this state. I still have his letter which I posted on this forum in the past that shows his cop-out response.

I also saw him once at the anual SCI Alaska Chapter banquet and nobody really gave him the time of day. He hadn't announced yet, but I think we all knew he wanted higher office and I think he was just there to pander to gun owners.

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.