Thread: Shipping a firearm

Post imported post

So I will be leaving to Texas soon and want to bring my handgun with me as there will be a IDPA match that I want to attend. I know I can check it in but have been reading here and there about people getting there guns stolen or lost. So i was thinking about shipping. My question is can I ship to one of my relatives house or what? Thanks for any info

ETA= I guess I found my answer

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [Back]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm

Post imported post

What is a C/O?

Post imported post

O, Thanks.

Post imported post

If I read the first post right you can mail a firearm to someone in your state without an FFL ?? .....

Post imported post

On the UPS/FEDEX point, I shipped a pistol last year. I couln't get FEDEX to accept the shipment and UPS would only accept it if it went "Next Day Air". Made the shipment just short of $50. Seems like they don't want to take any chances on the gun getting stolen by having it sit around a terminal any longer than necessary. Also, you will have to show the "clerk" that the gun is unloaded so don't bother sealing up the package. Lastly, they only accept firearms at the UPS Service Centers, not their "Mailbox Locations".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

In the last 50 UPS packages I have shipped I have NEVER been asked what's in it.

I won't tell you what to do except to say read the LAW and NOT the FAQ as the FAQ does NOT follow the law.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

adamsesq wrote:
    In the last 50 UPS packages I have shipped I have NEVER been asked what's in it.

I won't tell you what to do except to say read the LAW and NOT the FAQ as the FAQ does NOT follow the law.

-adamsesq
    So let's say your package is lost and you had it insured. How are you going to value your loss????? I'll bet you have to describe the package contents then.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    adamsesq wrote:

-adamsesq
    So let's say your package is lost and you had it insured. How are you going to value your loss????? I'll bet you have to describe the package contents then.
    Actually if your package is insured by UPS for $500 and it gets lost, you get $500.00. I have never had occasion to need this but I have repeatedly been told this by UPS personnel across the board. If you pay for the insurance and the package is lost they don't question the item. Now damaged may be another story but I don't know?

-adamsesq