• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA ranks low on overall freedom...except for gun rights

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Seattle Gun Rights Examiner looks at report that says Washington State is one of the worst for overall freedom...except for gun rights

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m5d11-Despite-liberal-gun-laws-Washington-does-not-stack-up-against-other-states-for-personal-freedom#comments

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/pkp2k4

Open carry mentioned prominently
As a business owner, I heartily agree. You cannot spit without a 3permits and five inspections of the place the spit is expected to land. We're so restricted here in Washington, I almost don't recognize the State any longer. The Flag says USA, the rules say USSR.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

You could see it happening when Californians made a horrible State of California and started flooding up here. They did it again here in Washington and it's only a matter of time before Washington Starts failing the way California has been.

You know, Liberals are like locusts, moving from one field to the next, ruining them as they go. They don't like the results, so they move on once living conditions (e.g. taxes too high, regulations to expansive) get bad. The only problem is they cannot see that it is THEY who are destroying every State they decend on. Are they friggin brain dead???

okkid

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
You could see it happening when Californians made a horrible State of California and started flooding up here. They did it again here in Washington and it's only a matter of time before Washington Starts failing the way California has been.

You know, Liberals are like locusts, moving from one field to the next, ruining them as they go. They don't like the results, so they move on once living conditions (e.g. taxes too high, regulations to expansive) get bad. The only problem is they cannot see that it is THEY who are destroying every State they decend on. Are they friggin brain dead???
Yes they are!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Every now and then you actually manage to come out with something I can agree with...

Tawnos

imported post

Hey now! I grew up in CA (and was born in NJ). Moved here for the job at MS, and have gladly OC'd while here. Was at All Purpose Pizza in Seattle just a bit ago. It's the best pizza I've had (and I've had lots...maybe that explains my weight), and the owner and servers are awesome. They've never been critical about OCing, and one of the cooks said "man, I always feel safer when you're in here." This means just because I'm from CA, doesn't mean I'm somehow going to make WA worse :p.

I think many who leave CA do so because they don't like the politics there. I experience many more freedoms here than there. About they only thing they do right is alcohol; they have one of the most open markets that are highly consumer-driven, something WA is sorely lacking. In most other areas, though, CA is lacking. Don't see us as locusts, but as refugees, trying to escape the tyranny of a state with "good weather" but bad politics.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Its too bad that most of the locusts that preceeded you were ravenous and began demanding the same regulations and protections they got from the California gov... which eventually became too much for them.... but because of them. Why do you think we have so many "nanny State" rules and regs up here now? Californians flocked here durring the 80s when California's rules just started to become fairly communist in nature. They now are making what happened in California happen here.

olypendrew

imported post

Washington has some of, if not THE, strongest protections for personal privacy against searches and seizures of any state in the Union. However, these rights are enjoyed most by the criminal element.

I agree 100% with the conclusion that Alaska ranks #1 in freedom.

grishnav

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
Washington has some of, if not THE, strongest protections for personal privacy against searches and seizures of any state in the Union. However, these rights are enjoyed most by the criminal element.

I agree 100% with the conclusion that Alaska ranks #1 in freedom.
Actually, New Hampshire ranks #1 in overall freedom. Alaska is #1 in personal freedom only.