• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC question for a trip to Georgia

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out with a quick question.

I have a NC CHP, that is honored in GA. I'm headed down to Helen this weekend for a car show. Looking at the Handgunlaw.us GA page, it looks like any public gathering makes any form of carry off limits?

Does that include a car show? The car show is really a partially blocked off parking lot. Can anyone offer any insight?

I also see that CC is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol, but not bars that serve food. Is there a sign for the 51%? If there is no sign in a place that serves, is it ok to carry?

Does anyone know how OC is received in GA, or that part of GA in general?
Thanks.

smn

imported post

My recommendation is to not carry concealed or otherwise. Lock it up in a hotel safe. The car show will be a public gathering and case law has a 200 yard or so range to be away from the public gathering.... See GeorgiaPacking.org's caselaw section for more info.

rmodel65

imported post

Open Carry is legal anywhere carry is legal

a car show is definitely a public gathering(the people are gather for a specific function)

this is a far better site for GA laws www.georgiapacking.org

we dont have 51% signs but places like applebees, chilis, longhorn etc are legal to carry in you cant not consume alcohol at all if you carry there

also signs hold no legal weight in GA ie no guns signs etc