• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outing in Lexington

8th ID

imported post

I'll try to make this quick...my first post, but have read hundreds or more. I have only OC'd once here in lexington-without incident. I'm originally from Bath Co., soOC there is nothing. What i would like to do is try to get a group who wants to do an OC outing here in Lexington-try to get the word out and prove that men and women who OC aren't scary!!! I'm heading off to work now-I'll check this thread tomorrow. I carry a Glock 23 in a Glock sport/combat holster, but am planning on getting a BlackHawk serpa...

Fred

imported post

Planning a trip up to lex later this month. Let me know what your plans are.

langzaiguy

imported post

I'm in! I've been waiting for this. I don't know why I just didn't start a thread like you did. I want to try the new Thai place in Regency center. Probably not the "safest" choice for a meet. Maybe BBQ would be better? I definitely want to do something local.

Also, isn't there a new shooting range in Lexington? This would be a good time to try it out. An after lunch shoot.

8th ID

imported post

well..that's three. I haven't heard of a new range in Lex. The closest ones to Lexington are in Paris-(Bud's) and there's one in Wilmore-but you have to be a mamber to shoot there. Bud's in Paris is $10.00 per half hour. Let's just see how many we can get and then all decide on a place, date and time. Thanks for the responses thus far...

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I have ocec for about three yrs. now. I have carried in three counties [Scott, Madison, Jackson. I have never carried In Fayate Co. I think it sounds like a chance to make some new friends and have some fun. Count me in!!:celebrate

8th ID

imported post

well, now that's four:cool: Maybe time to try to figure out peoples schedules, etc. I work nights, so weekdays would work if it was evening. My weekends, most of them are open for me-I do have occasional things come up-I'm married and have a daughter...so maybe post your schedule/preferences and we'll see what we can all agree on...Hopefully we can bring out more people-meet some new friends, etc...

langzaiguy

imported post

Yeah, weekends are pretty good. Memorial Day weekend is probably bad, and I'm going to be gone in late June.

Also, I think it would be cool do do a Gorge outing sometime too. Or something like that.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

that sounds like fun. and I agree on the mem. day weekend.what about the 16 th. for the first get together. this way we can at least get to know one another.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

can't plan to do any thing like the gorge until we know the phsical limits of everyone. I have two young childern so the the gorge might be fun for me and mine. what about everybody else?

what does everyone carry model andcal.?

Fred

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
that sounds like fun. and I agree on the mem. day weekend.what about the 16 th. for the first get together. this way we can at least get to know one another.
16th is good for me, any ideas on place and time?? Currently I carry an XD .40 in a black leather pancake holster

langzaiguy

imported post

The 16th would be pretty hard to do, but the 23rd would be great. It sounds like it would work for everyone else though, so don't let me hold anyone back.

Carry a Ruger 9mm.

8th ID

imported post

It looks like our schedules are all over the board. How about the last Saturday in May-the 30th? How many could make that day? Also, if some can make it a different day than others, well I say just do it. And then later on all of us could possibly work out a date that would work for everyone. And I think it's a good idea to just meet first and maybe make it as simple as lunch at McDonald's , etc. Then plan a real outing to the Gorge, etc. I currently carry a Glock 23 (.40) in a Fobus holster.

langzaiguy

imported post

I agree--a simple meetup sounds good--especially prior to a more major outing. Heck, we don't even know if we like each other yet, haha. May 30th works for me, btw.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I can do may 30th or the 23rd both sounds good to me . And i carry a S&W M&P .45c in a fobus holster. or I carry a a glock 22 in a shoulder holster.:monkeyMy wife carries a S&W model 36-10 in .38 cal.

8th ID

imported post

I'm not sure what the count is now, i think 3 or 4. But let's try to get more prople interested or at least let them know about the date. So far it looks like the 30th of May will work.:cool:

Statesman

imported post

Might be worth putting up a poll with dates. It's not possible to meet everyone's schedule, however. It would be nice to see a recurring meetup, on the same date, at different restaurants throughout Lexington and central KY.

8th ID

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Might be worth putting up a poll with dates. It's not possible to meet everyone's schedule, however. It would be nice to see a recurring meetup, on the same date, at different restaurants throughout Lexington and central KY.
That's a great idea. I'm new to this posting stuff-could you start a poll? Thanks!