• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outing in Lexington

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

alright how about the last sat. of every month. but if anybody has a possible better date hit us up. I do suggest to keep th efirst meeting kind of small.To many people may bring an adverse reaction. We don't want to scare people. The point of the meeting isn't meant to scare the gen. public.

8th ID

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
alright how about the last sat. of every month. but if anybody has a possible better date hit us up. I do suggest to keep th efirst meeting kind of small.To many people may bring an adverse reaction. We don't want to scare people. The point of the meeting isn't meant to scare the gen. public.
I agree on keeping it small-but what is small? And I'd like to get something going once a month, but would like to hear from others who want to commit to it.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

yes i agree as of right now nothing is set in stone. I would say no more than 10 -12 if more not to many unless we meet in a park or somthing like that. Do you all think that number is to small or to big? but we should get together some time soon . What is everybody's age ? Mine is 23

Fred

imported post

Well its looking likeonly 4 or 5 have answered up so far. We are apretty small groupthus far.What about meeting up at a coffee shop or something?We meet up have something to drink and share some stories. Someone just needs to recon a place with adequate seating. Problaby will be easier to plan something bigger once we have all met and discussed it with the group.

8th ID

imported post

Fred wrote:
Well its looking likeonly 4 or 5 have answered up so far. We are apretty small groupthus far.What about meeting up at a coffee shop or something?We meet up have something to drink and share some stories. Someone just needs to recon a place with adequate seating. Problaby will be easier to plan something bigger once we have all met and discussed it with the group.
I'm here in Lex. so I can recon any place people would want me to look into. All the people who plan to come, just list a preference of coffe shop. fast food place or whatever. We'll decide on a couple possibles and I'll go check them out...

Statesman

imported post

Ok, this is kinda sad that only new posters are scheduling a meetup in Lexington. No, actually it's great! But where are the veteran posters on this topic?

Fred

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Ok, this is kinda sad that only new posters are scheduling a meetup in Lexington. No, actually it's great! But where are the veteran posters on this topic?

Hey if you know any veterns who live in the area let them know about this thread.:lol:

As for places to meet, I've never been to Lexington. I'm sure they have a Starbucks up there. I think a coffe shop would be best. 8TH ID since your up there check it out and see what you think. If that won't work we can go back to the drawing board. Another place could be a park with a walking trail.

8th ID

imported post

Starbucks-there are several, in fact I think we have a Starbucks inside a Starbucks:celebrateThere is a nice park/hiking trail area called Raven Run down old Richmond Road-it's just outside Lex. There are a few picnic tables etc., and has some nice trails with a nice overlook of the Ky River... I'm flexible with what a group decides on, I'm here in town...hopefully more people with chime in on preferences and ideas..

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I am not that fimiliar with lex. so lets make it easy to find. I do know a little about it though. Raven run souds good but the weather may not not be on our side. so I suggest a starbucks somewhere easy to find and I will be bringing my spouse. So the count Is 5-6 I guess.

8th ID

imported post

If all are OK with Starbucks let me know. What I will do is look for the easiest one to find (near Interstate, parking, size, etc.) and get directions/address to it. Just let me know, I'll take care of things on this end. And could the ones that are planning on showing up, let me know where they are coming in from? Thanks, I'll check back a few times tomorrow to see what we have:cool:

Fred

imported post

Great, I love it when a plan comes together! I'm coming from western Kentucky (Christian County). Early afternoon works best for me, gives me time to drive up there.

8th ID

imported post

Sounds good Fred. Hopefully others who said they may come will get on here and let me know something also-or if anyone has other ideas concerns, etc.

I will be on this thread at least twice a day until we have something completely worked out.

JohnKelly

imported post

8th ID wrote:
Starbucks-there are several, in fact I think we have a Starbucks inside a Starbucks:celebrateThere is a nice park/hiking trail area called Raven Run down old Richmond Road-it's just outside Lex. There are a few picnic tables etc., and has some nice trails with a nice overlook of the Ky River... I'm flexible with what a group decides on, I'm here in town...hopefully more people with chime in on preferences and ideas..
Raven Run has "no weapons" signs on their buildings, not sure about the park entrance itself.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

Is a starbucks ok? I ssay tha tis to keep the wanna be gang bangers out and to add an extra charge on their records.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

none of the little punks I know. I still know a few of them. some of my familyare wanna be gangbangers. cousins and their buddies. They drink pop and say that coffee is for old people .

8th ID

imported post

I'm going to start another thread with the title "may 30th OC outing in Lexington" Hopefully that title will make more people aware of the date.

Statesman

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
none of the little punks I know. I still know a few of them. some of my familyare wanna be gangbangers. cousins and their buddies. They drink pop and say that coffee is for old people .
Old people, huh? Obviously, they've never been on the inside of a Starbucks, or a mom and pop coffee shop. Mostly college students in Lexington.

Fred

imported post

Statesman wrote:
kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
Old people, huh? Obviously, they've never been on the inside of a Starbucks, or a mom and pop coffee shop. Mostly college students in Lexington.
Problaby old peolple in disguise :lol:. Either way hope you guys make it out on the 30th. :celebrate