• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC outing in Lexington

8th ID

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
I would drive over from Louisvilleand join you guys but there is an AR meet at Knob Creek on the 30th
No problem. There haven't been any recent posts from the people who said they would come on the 30th. I'm trying to keep this thread alive by posting something every day. :dude:

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I will be bringing 2-3 people with me. If someone you know may want to get together with us bring them along. just let us all know. this way we can plan on the right place to meet up .

8th ID

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
I will be bringing 2-3 people with me. If someone you know may want to get together with us bring them along. just let us all know. this way we can plan on the right place to meet up .
Sounds great. Hopefully the ones that said they were coming will read this: In order for me to scout an appropriate place to meet, I need an approximate number of people. This week I will scout a Starbucks that is on Richmond Road, it's not too far off I-75. Also, maybe get ideas for an alternate place. And get a time range on when people would like to do it because I believe most are coming from out of town. I'm in Lexington, so the time is not a major factor for me. It would help if I knew what direction people were coming in from.

8th ID

imported post

8th ID wrote:
kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
Sounds great. Hopefully the ones that said they were coming will read this: In order for me to scout an appropriate place to meet, I need an approximate number of people. This week I will scout a Starbucks that is on Richmond Road, it's not too far off I-75. Also, maybe get ideas for an alternate place. And get a time range on when people would like to do it because I believe most are coming from out of town. I'm in Lexington, so the time is not a major factor for me. It would help if I knew what direction people were coming in from.

8th ID

imported post

Sorry, I posted that twice:cuss:Anyway, I downloaded a nice pdf from another thread (thanks to the OP) and have kind of merged the two documents into one. The sheet i have made explains KY Gun Laws on OC. I know we don't have to explain, but...I believe part of our mission is to show the public that OCer's are just regular, working folks:D

BigBubba

imported post

8th ID wrote:
Starbucks-there are several, in fact I think we have a Starbucks inside a Starbucks:celebrateThere is a nice park/hiking trail area called Raven Run down old Richmond Road-it's just outside Lex. There are a few picnic tables etc., and has some nice trails with a nice overlook of the Ky River... I'm flexible with what a group decides on, I'm here in town...hopefully more people with chime in on preferences and ideas..
there is always Jacobson Park on Richmond Rd in lex, if there are no rules against gun carry there, i'v never looked into that so... or if a restraunt is more what your lookin for, theres a Bob Evans off of I-75 on winchester road right behind the thortans gas station, but again, havent checked to see if there are any "No Weapons" signs there either

8th ID

imported post

I'm open to any meeting place, whether it be a coffee shop or restaurant. If the group that said they are coming would list a couple ideas,I would recon them for parking, seating, etc. And thenI will post the info on here by Wednesday of next week. I'm flexible, but would like to hear from all those who plan to come.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

IT's not really important to me where we meet as long as it is simle to find. but you can count on me and my wife to attend, my brother is an iffy .

Statesman

imported post

BigBubba wrote:
8th ID wrote:
Starbucks-there are several, in fact I think we have a Starbucks inside a Starbucks:celebrateThere is a nice park/hiking trail area called Raven Run down old Richmond Road-it's just outside Lex. There are a few picnic tables etc., and has some nice trails with a nice overlook of the Ky River... I'm flexible with what a group decides on, I'm here in town...hopefully more people with chime in on preferences and ideas..
there is always Jacobson Park on Richmond Rd in lex, if there are no rules against gun carry there, i'v never looked into that so... or if a restraunt is more what your lookin for, theres a Bob Evans off of I-75 on winchester road right behind the thortans gas station, but again, havent checked to see if there are any "No Weapons" signs there either
I believe there are state preemption laws for all of Kentucky for public parks. If such a sign is present at Jacobson Park, it is 100% unenforceable, unless it is privately owned.

8th ID

imported post

OK. I went back through all the posts and did a count. As of May 19th I have 8th ID, Fred, langzaiguy, KyShiner85 (+2) zrukman (+1 with a serious cap gun!) So, my count is 8. Now would everyone prefer a coffe shop type place or maybe a fast food place to grab a quick bite? I've only OC'd once here in Lexington-at a Wal-Mart-which was without incident. I will be bringing copies of a paper that explains KY gun laws, etc. to give to people who are CURIOUS about OC. So, let me know as soon as you can which place you would prefer and I'll start scouting:D

BTW I'm 43, married, and have a 6 year old daughter who will soon have a pink Cricket .22. I'm originally from Bath County and I'm an active duty veteran of the US Air Force and US Army. My MOS in the Army was 11H. I was part of the 8th Infantry Division stationed in Baumholder Germany.

Fred

imported post

Hmmm Cracker Barrel sounds good. Put me down for that instead. :D

8th ID

imported post

Cracker Barrel is just fine with me. The two here in Lexington (I think there are only two) are close to I-75, just in different parts of Lexington. So, they would be easy to find. Hopefully others will chime in and let all of us know if Cracker Barrel works.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

cracker barrel sounds good to me. How about lunch time around 10ish or is this to early? This way it may be a little less of a concern for other patrons.We don't want to cause any problems. I would hate to be banned from a carcker barrel. HA HA:lol:

8th ID

imported post

kentuckyshiner85 wrote:
cracker barrel sounds good to me. How about lunch time around 10ish or is this to early? This way it may be a little less of a concern for other patrons.We don't want to cause any problems. I would hate to be banned from a carcker barrel. HA HA:lol:
Like I said before, I'm flexible on the time, etc. since I live here in Lex. 10:00/10:30 or so works for me, I'd just like to hear from the people who are driving in from outside Lex. But just remember that Cracker Barrel on a Saturday will have a wait.:cuss:

Fred

imported post

Hmmm....I think I'm the farthest guy out. Its alittle over a 3 hour drive for me depending on the final location. Anything after 10:30 would be great. :celebrateBut I love to drive so anytime is cool with me.:)

8th ID

imported post

Fred wrote:
Hmmm....I think I'm the farthest guy out. Its alittle over a 3 hour drive for me depending on the final location. Anything after 10:30 would be great. :celebrateBut I love to drive so anytime is cool with me.:)
Fred-where are you coming in from? Hopefully within the next week or so-people interested will give a definite that they will be here on the 30th. I will scout both the Cracker Barrel's to make sure they are not posted with weapons signs, etc. And possibly middle of next week I'll list the address of the Cracker barrel-there are two and both are located very close to I-75.