• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jimenez Arms JA22

imported post

Here is a picture of my Jimenez Arms JA22 with currently 10,700 rounds through it. To dispell some rumors, this gun has:

1) NOT blown up in my hand, despite using high and hyper velocity ammo (CCI Mini-Mags and Stingers)

2) NOT cracked a slide or broken a firing pin

3) NOTbeen a Jam-a-matic

With 10K plus rounds, I am comfortable enough to shoot a tin can reliably around a field at 15 plus yards. I, for one, find that affording to practice is great insurance. Hitting the target the first time with a 22LR is better than missing with a .45.

I have lots of guns and the ones I enjoy the most are these wonderful little mouseguns that are just over $100. For those starting in this sport and saving up for their first Kel-Tec or LCP, this is a great alternative that will get you to the range and keep you at the range because it is both affordable and fun.

The primary reason people don't keep these guns is that they are uninformed. The JA22, for example, does NOT like WalMart bulk ammo. Feed it CCI Mini-mags and it will shoot 100%. The JA380 (a popular carry gun) will benifit from a fluff and buff, and likes WWB ammo.

curtm1911

imported post

Not as many rounds through it as your Jimenez but it does have over 2k through it. Another fine pocket mouse gun, gets to the range everytime I go and shot for at least 200 rnds, I carry Remington Thunderbolt 40grn. solids in it for carry and practice and it is quite accurate too. Beretta M21A The downside, hard to find these days and price is going up, but then what isn't going up these days....

imported post

Nice 21 Bobcat! Although the prices of the mouseguns are rising, they are still a bargain. I found the Thunderbolts to work OK in the JA22/J22 series, but they are much dirtier than the CCI ammo, and the JA22 does not like a dirty barrel. With the CCI's I can go several hundred rounds without cleaning, whereas with the Thunderbolts, only about 50-100 rounds.

curtm1911

imported post

I also sometimes shoot Federal bulk pack stuff for practice, but for carry, it is Thunderbolts, I heard/read somewhere that hollowpoints sometimes don't have proper penetration, can't remember exactly where I saw it though. You are correct about Thunderbolts being kinda dirty too. But it is actually fun to shoot it and cheap too. BTW, my GF has one in Blue, calls it her "Cute. Little Adorable", what a gal...........she saw mine and liked it so much, I got hers 2 weeks later, just cause she is sumpin special...........:celebrate:D

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

No, it's not my backup, it's what I usually carry (for several reasons since I have "special circumstances") but still,I don'tfeel disadvantaged carrying such a small-caliber gun. I know it's limitations and howsmall-caliber gunsshould be used, but "knowing your gun"is true of any caliber gun one carries:

So it works for me.

-- John D.

P.S. MY sister liked my Beretta 3032 (inox) Tomcat...she has it now. May get another one later on but right now, my $$$ are going into a small solar panel power system I need to get ready...in time for hurricane season here (after Hurricane Ike I saw what I should do to improve my emergency preparations).

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Nothing wrong with a JA-22. Fine little guns. At best need a little love out of the box. I keep a Jennings as my backup and I know I can depend on it.