• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry with body armor ? Brady says no.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Should abiders be allowed to buy and use body armor ?

Take the poll ..... . the brady bunch is out in force

Parade News is very biased and antigun .

Body amour loopholes allows criminals to buy body armor , bullet proof vest , at gun shows or online , states Daniel Vice from the Brady Center .

BRADY SLOGAN :

If you're being raped , just give them what they want and the won't hurt you .

The Brady Bunch not only wants to take away your right to defend yourself with a firearm , they also want to take away another self defence that only protects .

http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/arceive/why-criminals-are-buying-body-armor.html

I have only used myvest a couple timeswhile open carrying . Does anyone else use one ?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Should abiders be allowed to buy and use body armor ?

I have only used myvest a couple timeswhile open carrying . Does anyone else use one ?

Why only "a couple of times?" Have you had it long?

Is it too hot or encumbering? Those things are not cheap. Will you get your use out of it?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
If you live somewhere that the cost vs. benefit of wearing a vest tips towards you wearing it... you need to move.
... AWZstylez ...

I can not get to where you are from here .

If I should visit other places it might be to my advantage to have this form of passive defense also , as I OC , CC , or am unable to carry .

I live in front of a large pond with woods all around . There is a major interstate freeway within a mile . My cat was blinded by an owl and he is now a house cat only . One of my dogs will eat the cat's litter like candy if I do not act swiftly to dispose of it . Why do you think that is stylez and at what cost do you put rape and bodily arm vs not being able to live in a liberal aggressive progressive transnationalist gated community with the elite's armed securitythat wearbullet proofbody armor?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:

Why only "a couple of times?" Have you had it long?

Is it too hot or encumbering? Those things are not cheap. Will you get your use out of it?

When I feel the need . Long enough . Think cool grasshopper . My protection is very expensive to those that might want it . I have already lived long and hope to wear this vest that my retired Memphis cop brother gave me outhiggs boson god particle willing . Self defense is the reason for the SECOND AMENDMENT .

James Carvelle stated " If you're splainen , you're losen. "

And I reverse his statement " Makes me wonda why some are asken . "

Is it true that grade schools are teaching our children to count to ten this way ?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Why do you think that is stylez and at what cost do you put rape and bodily arm vs not being able to live in a liberal aggressive progressive transnationalist gated community with the elite's armed security with bullet proof vest ?

You wear a vest because there's a risk of getting shot at. Vests don't prevent rape and muggings. If your chances of getting shot at are so high that it's worth wearing a uncomfortable, impractical, expensive vest... then you're probably in the wrong area.

With that said, I fully support your right to be as ridiculous and tacticool as you want. See: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/25651.html

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Whoa, I'm confused. This thread includes someone speaking absolute nonsense, and HankT...but they're not the same person this time! WOW!

Anyway I've considered purchasing a vest for myself. Mostly for range time, especially during competitions. I'd probably also wear it during extremely bad weather, like a hurricane, if I need to be outside. In the Marine Corps, we'd wear our flak and kevlar during hurricane warnings while we secured the barracks. It seemed pretty practical to me!

I don't know when else I'd wear it. If I was that sure of getting shot, I'd much rather just leave lol.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
If you live somewhere that the cost vs. benefit of wearing a vest tips towards you wearing it... you need to move.
... AWZstylez ...

I can not get to where you are from here .

If I should visit other places it might be to my advantage to have this form of passive defence also , as I OC , CC , or am unable to carry .

I live in front of a large pond with woods all around . There is a major interstate freeway within a mile . My cat was blinded by an owl and he is now a house cat only . One of my dogs will eat the cat's litter like candy if I do not act swiftly to dispose of it . Why do you think that is stylez and at what cost do you put rape and bodily arm vs not being able to live in a liberal aggressive progressive transnationalist gated community with the elite's armed security with bullet proof vest ?

... AWdstylez ...

TY , Sexual assault can happen anywhere and self protection is not limited by the Brady Bunch's weird mindset as to allow a rapist to be unopposed . The Brady Bunch needs to be pushing criminal control , not 2A and body armor control.

I have reposted above here the whole answer and my question . :quirky:uhoh::quirkyblueberries

Dustin

imported post

DreQo wrote:
In the Marine Corps, we'd wear our flak and kevlar during hurricane warnings while we secured the barracks. It seemed pretty practical to me!

I don't know when else I'd wear it. If I was that sure of getting shot, I'd much rather just leave lol.

Yea I remember those days. Then we'd take them off to jump off the 3rd deck with our poncho's and float 60 meters or so across the Quad ! lol !!

It's the Marine Corps version of Airborne Training :lol:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

If you live someplace where you need body armor... I'd be lookin' for someplace else to live. That said... I would not 'ban' it from any citizen who wanted that sort of passive protection. BG's will aquire whatever anyway... regardless of laws.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Dustin wrote:

Four taps : two in the chest , one between the eyes and mustache , and one in the thigh incaseyou're wearing a breastplate made from a boiler , punk . The Academy of Rocket Surgeons recommends the following self defense body armor video. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwhiO8iteDk <

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Anyway I've considered purchasing a vest for myself. Mostly for range time, especially during competitions. I'd probably also wear it during extremely bad weather, like a hurricane, if I need to be outside. In the Marine Corps, we'd wear our flak and kevlar during hurricane warnings while we secured the barracks. It seemed pretty practical to me!

Germany and Australia have termed them passive weapons :banghead:. The wearing or pocession of body armor is illegal for all civilians .

In the United States it is already illegal for a criminal that has been covicted of a violent crime to own or use body armor . The Brady Bunch wants to disarm the abiders and not punish the Bad Guys by enforcing the current laws .

http://www.vipbodyarmor.com good article under " Combat Hand Guns "

[ click here to visit our media room]

Wonder how many anti-2Aers wear them ?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
DreQo wrote:

Germany and Australia have termed them passive weapons :banghead:. The wearing or pocession of body armor is illegal for all civilians .

In the United States it is already illegal for a criminal that has been covicted of a violent crime to own or use body armor . The Brady Bunch wants to disarm the abiders and not punish the Bad Guys by enforcing the current laws .

http://www.vipbodyarmor.com good article under " Combat Hand Guns "

[ click here to visit our media room]

Wonder how many anti-2Aers wear them ?

What does that have to do with what I just said?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Whoa, I'm confused. This thread includes someone speaking absolute nonsense, and HankT...but they're not the same person this time! WOW!

Maybe just get one of those ceramic plates, drop it into your tactical purse and voilà! Instant protection. And flexibility too. Youcan just movethe purse around to cover your strategic bits.

This is assuming that the attacker isn't close enough to grab your, um, purse and run offwithit.

:p

Hef

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
The cost of wearing my body armor during my daily routine is just too much. A Level 4 vest is just too damn heavy to wear every day in South Carolina as a residential/commercial construction manager. I'd be very sweaty, and that alone would make dealing with customers and subcontractors difficult.

But that's not why I own body armor. I own body armor for the "just in case", like a Katrina or LA riots situation. I am working on getting a smaller set for my wife, and I already own a rucksack with a minimal amount of gear to get by with. I have multiple firearms of the same design and caliber, and all my personal documents and data on a thumbdrive (in case my house is washed away by flood waters).

There is a time and place for everything, and it's different for everyone. If I were an LEO, I'd wear my body armor every day. But I'm not, so I don't. Same reason I don't carry an AR15 and a shotgun in my truck every day. The 1911 is enough.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
The cost of wearing my body armor during my daily routine is just too much. A Level 4 vest is just too damn heavy to wear every day in South Carolina as a residential/commercial construction manager. I'd be very sweaty, and that alone would make dealing with customers and subcontractors difficult.

But that's not why I own body armor. I own body armor for the "just in case", like a Katrina or LA riots situation.

I'm looking into purchasing some for the same reason. But razor, as usual, has taken things off the deep end and is likening wearing armor to open carrying.

rscottie

imported post

Hef wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

But that's not why I own body armor. I own body armor for the "just in case", like a Katrina or LA riots situation. I am working on getting a smaller set for my wife, and I already own a rucksack with a minimal amount of gear to get by with. I have multiple firearms of the same design and caliber, and all my personal documents and data on a thumbdrive (in case my house is washed away by flood waters).

There is a time and place for everything, and it's different for everyone. If I were an LEO, I'd wear my body armor every day. But I'm not, so I don't. Same reason I don't carry an AR15 and a shotgun in my truck every day. The 1911 is enough.

Nice Preparedness! Can I suggest that you also find a backup for your thumbdrive? The reason I say this is that I use them regularly and they always seem to fail at the most inopportune moment. Maybe have 2 thumbdrives or find one more alternate storage site.

I really like the idea of same caliber firearms. I'm hoping to get a lever action .357 to go with my revolver. I'm leaning towards a Marlin.