• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is interesting

mahkagari

imported post

The article mentions higher conviction rates, which kind of makes sense. I was talking to the police in my little town about juevenile crime (vandalism, etc.). They said usually they find it's one or two individuals causing the majority of the problems and once they "take care of it" there's a lot fewer problems.

I can see how with better conviction taking care of the career criminals, that leaves the, what would you call it, "criminals by circumstance" committing less property crime. I'd hypothesize that it'd be the career criminals one'd need to worry more about as far as defense carrying.

mahkagari

imported post

Hmmm, so even the BGs are having to ration ammo because of the panic hoarding going on and, the career criminals are having to curtail their business. Damn, therecession isjust hurting EVERYONE. Maybe they can apply for a bailout.