• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Antis freaking about gun trace data protection

shad0wfax

imported post

The latest issues of Freedom First and American Rifleman both have lengthy articles about the Obama administration's anti-gun efforts and quotes from Eric Holder (US Atty Gen) about using the current "crisis" on our southern border involving drugs and illegal guns and explosivesbeing used by illegal aliens smuggling illegal drugs across our border as a means to ban firearms in the U.S. They also have a quote by Rahm Emanuel saying, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. What I ean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Wayne La Pierr makes a deliberate point of mentioning the Tiahrt amendment in the Freedom First article as well and he does it in a no-compromise manner.

I think you're right to call BS on this one. It sounds like the NRA is sticking to their guns (pardon the pun) about enforcing existing laws, not enacting new laws. The NRA is making a definite effort to let the public know that Obama's administration is anti-gun on multiple levels and is trying to use any little political "crisis" as a scapegoat to justify another gun ban.

bugly

imported post

Rahm Emmanuel is correct, we shouldn't waste our crises, such as; the corruption in politics and the general disregard they have for the Citzenry. We should take action and say it was on HIS recommendation...