• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry into public safety building ? IE Salt Lake City HQ

utahglock

imported post

My question is it legal ? I need to take my copy for the ffl 03 to the dept its self, I sent Via Mail but was returned with invalid address return to sender stamp, but i know its the correct address, I want to OC there but Im not sure if its legal or not. Thanks much. to drop of that piece of mail.

Nuttycomputer

imported post

utahglock wrote:
My question is it legal ? I need to take my copy for the ffl 03 to the dept its self, I sent Via Mail but was returned with invalid address return to sender stamp, but i know its the correct address, I want to OC there but Im not sure if its legal or not. Thanks much. to drop of that piece of mail.

Since you don't have a permit as long as the Firearm is Utah UNLOADED then you are fine.

As an agency of the Government they can not prohibit you in any way from carrying a firearm according to the Uniform Firearm Laws.
76-10-500
(1) The individual right to keep and bear arms being a constitutionally protected right, the Legislature finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state. Except as specifically provided by state law, a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien shall not be:
(a) prohibited from owning, possessing, purchasing, selling, transferring, transporting, or keeping any firearm at his place of residence, property, business, or in any vehicle lawfully in his possession or lawfully under his control; or
(b) required to have a permit or license to purchase, own, possess, transport, or keep a firearm.
(2) This part is uniformly applicable throughout this state and in all its political subdivisions and municipalities. All authority to regulate firearms shall be reserved to the state except where the Legislature specifically delegates responsibility to local authorities or state entities. Unless specifically authorized by the Legislature by statute, a local authority or state entity may not enact or enforce any ordinance, regulation, or rule pertaining to firearms.

In addition even the southern most parking area of this building is just outside the 1000 foot zone of a nearby Pre-School.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

utahglock wrote:

I OCed in there. I OC VERY time I go there. You will have NO problem.

It's part of 76-10-500. Do not worry

TJ