Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The next Metro Detroit litter cleaning

Post imported post

Update:

Where: Gratiot andI 696, at the parking lot just north of the Coney Island

When: Saturday May 23, at 9:30 AM

Bring: trash bags, recording devices, gloves if desired, rain gear if the forecast is bad

Obviously the Woodward cleanup was a good success. But it showed me a couple important things. Most importantly, that we're probably not going to need people to haul trash, because there are usually going to be public waste baskets, and we probably won't find a dump truck's worth of litter. Additionally, it showed me that a few people parking somewhere and doing a 2 or 3 mile round trip will work out fine.

I want to do another litter pick up in the near future. I don't care if a lot of people make it, in fact just 2 or 3 is perfect. I like the idea that a few of us local metro detroiters can get together, and that other things can be going on elsewhere in the state that same day or weekend.

So anyway, I want someone to propose the location and time of the next one, preferably this weekend or next. If no one has a prefered spot to clean up litter, I can select one.

Who's interested?

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Mound, Van Dyke, Gratiot, Groesbeck, Big Beaver, Hall Road?

Post imported post

this weekend is bad for me my son has football camp sat and sun sorry.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Mound, Van Dyke, Gratiot, Groesbeck, Big Beaver, Hall Road?
    Works for me! Got anywhere real specific in mind?

Devildog wrote:
    this weekend is bad for me my son has football camp sat and sun sorry.
    That means you should schedule the next one after this. :celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I work most Sundays, so Sat. would probably be better for me. Almost any Sat., just pick one in the near future and I'll clear it with my much better half. After this, I will have to do these in moderation, she will expect me to start cutting the grass or something if I keep this stuff up.

Post imported post

I'm good to go this saturday as far as I know. Next saturday is fine too.

Post imported post

Wife has wedding shower this Sat. Next at this time is clear for me I should clarify, I have three sons under the age of 5, so I will be watching them. Too young to participate

Post imported post

Next saturday, on Big Beaver (if I'm gonna have to select one of the ones you said) works for me. But any location would be fine with me. Isn't fair if I pick em all.

About your sons, under 5 is definitely too young to pick trash off the side of the road, but that's why we do picnics too.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I'm in for next Saturday, although just a suggestion I think there are a lot of parts of Gratiot or Groesbeck that probably need it a little more than Big Beaver. But, wherever is fine with me.

Post imported post

Great, then lets do a picinic next Sat. :P

And I'd have to agree with Generaldet. As much as I'd rather walk Big Beaver, than Gratiot, I think if we're going to spend time doing it, we might as well do it right. Don't get me wrong, Woodward was great, and more than anything, I just wanted to meet some of you cats, but I think if we do two or three miles down Gratiot, we'll end up with two or three times the trash we did on Woodward

Again, I'd rather do a picinic for the aforementioned reasons, but that's just the lazy in me talking.

Post imported post

Im in for next saturday the 23rd,what location are you thinking.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Beaubien St. @ Clinton St. ?

Post imported post

You guys can hash out where you feel like doing it, because I honestly don't care. Just as long as we show up somewhere.

Remember, we can always do both a picnic and a litter clean up at the same meeting.

Post imported post

Gratiot's not to far from there....

Post imported post

How about 9:30 at Gratiot. Either myself or one of the other guys that's close to the area can checkout to see which location might be best. My guess would be around 9 or 10 mile in that area.

Doug if you are able to make it can you bring one of those 3xl shirts you mentioned, if it fits I'll take it.

Post imported post

So saturday, may 23, 9:30 am on Gratiot. Sounds good to me.

Post imported post

Well, depending on time and whatnot, there is a Coney Island right on the corner of Gratiot and 11 mile(696). So late breakfast, early lunch, w/e. Also, Peters Gun shop is @ 12 and Gratiot.

Post imported post

sounds good to me.

Post imported post

Are you going to meet at the Coney Island at Gratiot & 11 Mile at 9:30am?

Post imported post

That'll work, unless someone suggests otherwise. I'll update the first post.

Post imported post

Da**it! I hate missing out on all of this. I hope you guys have something going in August when I come to visit. The more I visit the Michigan section and see what you guys are up to, the more homesick I get.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Da**it! I hate missing out on all of this. I hope you guys have something going in August when I come to visit. The more I visit the Michigan section and see what you guys are up to, the more homesick I get.
    Set something up for when you come out!

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:
    Set something up for when you come out!
    Kind of hard to plan exactly WHEN I will be back home. Once I get the call the daughter is in labor and the grandson is actually on his way I will trek north. It will be a fly by the seat of my pants vist. She could go past her date and they might have to induce her labor. If that happens I will have a definite date.

Hoping to have my S.C. CWP permit by then. Along with NO OC here it seems like the CWP process also drags it's heels. Even if I don't have it by then I would still show up weaponless and help out any way I could. Can't wait to see....y'all lol

Post imported post

I should have no problem, it will be nice to meet you guys

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Even if I don't have it by then I would still show up weaponless and help out any way I could. Can't wait to see....y'all lol
    I don't think you'll have to worry about armed preparedness at a MOC meeting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast