• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The next Metro Detroit litter cleaning

warlockmatized

imported post

Da**it! I hate missing out on all of this. I hope you guys have something going in August when I come to visit. The more I visit the Michigan section and see what you guys are up to, the more homesick I get.

Michigander

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Da**it! I hate missing out on all of this. I hope you guys have something going in August when I come to visit. The more I visit the Michigan section and see what you guys are up to, the more homesick I get.
Set something up for when you come out!

warlockmatized

imported post

Michigander wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
Set something up for when you come out!
Kind of hard to plan exactly WHEN I will be back home. Once I get the call the daughter is in labor and the grandson is actually on his way I will trek north. It will be a fly by the seat of my pants vist. She could go past her date and they might have to induce her labor. If that happens I will have a definite date.

Hoping to have my S.C. CWP permit by then. Along with NO OC here it seems like the CWP process also drags it's heels. Even if I don't have it by then I would still show up weaponless and help out any way I could. Can't wait to see....y'all lol

Michigander

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Even if I don't have it by then I would still show up weaponless and help out any way I could. Can't wait to see....y'all lol
I don't think you'll have to worry about armed preparedness at a MOC meeting. ;)

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Glad to see this going on here. I had the best of intentions to do a Gratiot cleanup here in Eastpointe, but I drug my feet too long. The city (or someone) actually just cleaned up Gratiot a few weeks ago. North of 11 mile though I believe is still kinda rough looking though.

I have OC'd at the Coney there many times without problems so that should be a good stop. Also, Peter's does not allow exposed guns just so everyone knows.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Glad to see this going on here. I had the best of intentions to do a Gratiot cleanup here in Eastpointe, but I drug my feet too long. The city (or someone) actually just cleaned up Gratiot a few weeks ago. North of 11 mile though I believe is still kinda rough looking though.

I have OC'd at the Coney there many times without problems so that should be a good stop. Also, Peter's does not allow exposed guns just so everyone knows.
Jeff, just so other members here know, what and where is Peter's. Do you know the exact name of the Coney Island where the members are going to meet?

JeffSayers

imported post

Yes, Peters Gun Range as Fatboycykes mentioned is on Gratiot at (or near) 12 mile. I have not been to many ranges, but it seems decent there. It's only $10 for an hour (or sometimes more) of range time. The coney is a National Coney Island; they are on the nrothwest corner.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Yes, Peters Gun Range as Fatboycykes mentioned is on Gratiot at (or near) 12 mile. I have not been to many ranges, but it seems decent there. It's only $10 for an hour (or sometimes more) of range time. The coney is a National Coney Island; they are on the nrothwest corner.

Thanks Jeff. Now we have that info for our records. I think it's a safe bet to include National Coney Island to our OC Friendly List.

Edit: Spelling.

Michigander

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Also, Peter's does not allow exposed guns just so everyone knows.

It's really remarkably silly, how gun shops of all places seem to be so consistently anti open carry in this state.

JeffSayers

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

Thanks Jeff. Now we have that info for our records. I think it's a safe bet to include National Coney Island to our OC Friendly List.

Edit: Spelling.
Not only do they appear oc friendly, but they also have an armed security guard there at night. Apparantly they are commited to the safety of their customers!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Not only do they appear oc friendly, but they also have an armed security guard there at night. Apparantly they are commited to the safety of their customers!
"Safest place it town..."

FatboyCykes

imported post

Ok, if we meet there, (we may want to call for permission to park?), are we heading north or south? South sounds like it's been cleaned, so that gets my vote! :p

JeffSayers

imported post

If we get two teams we could go north and south. This could be a good chance to try and get a business to let us set up a tent for the Gratiot Cruise as well.

I could go for some coneys for lunch today so i'll ask about us parking there. They have a pretty big back lot so I don't foresee any problems. I suppose I could ask them about displaying a moc sticker as well. Who has details on that program?

Veritas

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
I work most Sundays, so Sat. would probably be better for me. Almost any Sat., just pick one in the near future and I'll clear it with my much better half. After this, I will have to do these in moderation, she will expect me to start cutting the grass or something if I keep this stuff up.
lol

dougwg wrote:
Beaubien St. @ Clinton St. ? :dude:
lol

As for Big Beaver... I don't think it's going to have a lot of litter. Troy does a pretty good job keeping the main artery presentable. I'll try to make it... but scheduling might be tight for me over the next few weeks.

For the record... I like the idea of doing community events. I think it sends a positive message.

JeffSayers

imported post

I spoke with the manager of the Coney Island about us parking our vehicles there while we go do our community service. He will not allows us to park in their lot but stated that the owners of the building immediately north of them allow Coney to use their lot for overflow and we can park there.

I guess I am a little dismayed at this particularly as we are/were planning for breakfast and possibly lunch there. Whatever though, it is a holiday weekend I guess.

We could park in the plaza just north of Frazho on the east side of Gratiot. Nothing there for breakfast but there is a decent chinese buffet for lunch afterwrd!

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I spoke with the manager of the Coney Island about us parking our vehicles there while we go do our community service. He will not allows us to park in their lot but stated that the owners of the building immediately north of them allow Coney to use their lot for overflow and we can park there.

I guess I am a little dismayed at this particularly as we are/were planning for breakfast and possibly lunch there. Whatever though, it is a holiday weekend I guess.

We could park in the plaza just north of Frazho on the east side of Gratiot. Nothing there for breakfast but there is a decent chinese buffet for lunch afterwrd!
Did you let the manager know that we planned on coming in to eat after we finish?