Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Hawk Serpa Holsters

Post imported post

I tried to purchase a Black Hawk "Serpa" holster WITH OUT using my credit card on line; can't be done. I called the factory direct phone number,and they refused to even except a CERTIFIED BANK CHECKor money order ! Obviously, they don't care to do business any other way than a CC on line; pity. The "Serpa" holster seems to be exactly what I need.

Post imported post

Never heard that before. I believe that you can order from vendors and use a check. Midway USA is one of them.

Post imported post

If you have a cabelas in your town or any other good gun store just go there and you dont have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Post imported post

headhunter09 wrote:
    If you have a cabelas in your town or any other good gun store just go there and you dont have to wait for it to come in the mail.
    Roger that! You've got to be looking pretty hard for something to bitch about to get your BP raised on this one.

Post imported post

The Serpa holsters are readily available in most gun stores, I've never had any problems buying them for any of my guns.

Post imported post

Get a Safariland, they've better retention systems anyway.

Or SpecOps. In other topic, the very nice Falco holsters have risen again if you want a pretty holster.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

spyderdude wrote:
    The Serpa holsters are readily available in most gun stores, I've never had any problems buying them for any of my guns.
    +1

Post imported post

Many online retailers aren't set up to do anything but credit cards, which are the most common forms of payment in this country (since the debit card was invented). Checks and cash are still used often in person, of course, but e-commerce almost exclusively relies on credit/debit cards. Most of these retailers don't even have a way in their warehouses to accept/deposit anything other than electronic transactions.

Post imported post

I totally understand where the OP is coming from in his post I went to buy a song from Itunes but my computer won't accept dollar bills

I kid but seriously if you don't like using cards stores are probably your best bet. I got my serpa for cheep from a security store back in Alaska.

Post imported post

I bought my Serpa at a local Gun Store for a fraction of the price that was asked on the website! I carry it every day and have been completely satisfied with it from the very start!! See if you can find a place to order one and start wearing it. You'll find it's about one of the best Kydex holsters out there!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

Hate to tell you this,but the factory is probably in Korea or China,they are just distributors,I go out of my way to buy made in USA,or at least from one of our true allies,it can be done,you just got to look harder

Post imported post

SANDRAT wrote:
    Hate to tell you this,but the factory is probably in Korea or China,
    While I may run the risk of sounding disrespectful, what the heck difference does this make? If something works good and isn't exactly made here in the US, what difference does it make? I drive a Subaru, it's not made in the US, my dad drives a Nissan and I'm pretty sure it's foreign. I have friends that carry in holsters made outside of the US and also friends that carry guns made in foreign countries as well. That doesn't mean they work any worse or require a conversion chart to read the size of the bullet hole they make!! They'll kill you just as dead as an American Made gun and a foreign holster will carry just as good as a US-made one will. You get what you pay for!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Post imported post

40s,

The funny thing I find as well... US made stuff tends to have less quality builds, especially vehicles. This is a known fact. US has developed some type of lazy nation where people want money without doing proper work.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

I don't take much personally,btw,my '97 Subaru Outback was built in Indiana.Back on the subject,I'll buy American when ever I can.

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    Get a Safariland, they've better retention systems anyway.

Or SpecOps. In other topic, the very nice Falco holsters have risen again if you want a pretty holster.
    I know serpas are the favorite on this board bit I have to agree with this. The Safariland are much better. I own and use both but the Safariland is FAR and away the better holster. don't get me wrong, I think the serpa is good just think the Safariland SLS and ALS systems are just better

Post imported post

Keep in mind though Dahwg, something may be far-and-away a more superior product, but it's always up to the user to determine that for themselves. Something may be better but everyone's gonna have their opinion.

Post imported post

40s,

right, which goes to the wallet... you get what you pay for... well people buy serpa because of the price... While I do like Safariland's much better retention system, the price is what generally gets people. Many on the board which switch to Safariland are the ones who always go, "Well... I finally caved and an am going to pay for a safariland holster."

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    40s,

right, which goes to the wallet... you get what you pay for... well people buy serpa because of the price... While I do like Safariland's much better retention system, the price is what generally gets people. Many on the board which switch to Safariland are the ones who always go, "Well... I finally caved and an am going to pay for a safariland holster."
    Excellent point! The Safarilamd is quite a bit pricier and while I think it's the more comfortable holster it is quite bulky. Can't go wrong with either one.

Post imported post

I got my Serpa for $40 and being a college student I never seem to have any money. I have never seen a safariland in action so I don't know how it works but I love the action on my Serpa and seeing as I need to buy a bike and food It doesn't look like I'll be in the holster market for awhile.

Post imported post

I have not seen a Safariland retention holster yet, can't comment on them. I do have 2 Serpas, Left Handed, for 1911's. Found them at Bass Pro Shop in Mesa. $29.95+ tax was a good deal IMO. It ain't always easy to find lefty equipment, and I usually scoop it up when found. I am open to looking into the Safariland gear, but being a southpaw. I guess I can expect a bit more problems finding one than you wrong handed people...., no offense, but we Lefties are the only ones in our Right minds, Scientific Fact..........BTW, I am Very satisfied with the Serpa.

Post imported post

curtm1911,

All the Safariland holsters I've seen have left handed for each model. Not hard to find them at all.

Copsplus - Safariland duty holsters
    http://www.copsplus.com/dutyholsters...mp;perpage=160

Post imported post

Serpa and Safariland may be good holsters but neither of them make a holster for any of my carry firearms. I did finally find a duty holster for my Ruger P89 made by Uncle Mikes. Still no luck for my Daewoo DP51 (my favorite) or my Browning Hi-power.

Post imported post

I just wanted to throw in that I bought my Serpa at an Academy Sports (sporting goods chain).

And to the OP, if you are timid about using your credit card online you can go buy a rechargeable gift card for those type of purchases and just 'load' it as you need it.

Post imported post

I bought my serpa holster for my G17 on ebay for about $30. Most sellers on there will accept money orders, checks, or paypal.

Post imported post

Combat Vet,

I just bought a Serpa (1911 RT Hand) based upon the comments in this and other forums extolling the virtues of the Serpa. I personally have several problems with the holster, so here are my comments.

1, I does not carry as closely as good leather, IMO, it does not conceal as well as a good leather holster. Regardless of OC or CC, I do not want a pistol standing out from my body, with the butt banging into things.

2, The holster moves around during activity. It moves fore and aft as well as flopping from muzzle to butt. The attachment point at holster to belt loop create a hinge point that allows movement. A good 2 loop leather holster does not do this.

3, Unnecessary wears marks on the finish.

4, Retention is OK, but nothing special.

5, Price, not much plastic for 60 bucks.

In my experience, it is tough to beat a high quality leather holster system. Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen are 2 of the best, I carry Rosen everyday OC or CC.

Just my 5 cents worth, the Serpa may work great for you but I was not overly impressed.

Steve

Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast