• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black Hawk Serpa Holsters

Combat Veteran

imported post

I tried to purchase a Black Hawk "Serpa" holster WITH OUT using my credit card on line; can't be done. I called the factory direct phone number,and they refused to even except a CERTIFIED BANK CHECKor money order ! Obviously, they don't care to do business any other way than a CC on line; pity. The "Serpa" holster seems to be exactly what I need.

david.ross

imported post

Get a Safariland, they've better retention systems anyway. ;)

Or SpecOps. In other topic, the very nice Falco holsters have risen again if you want a pretty holster.

RedKnightt

imported post

Many online retailers aren't set up to do anything but credit cards, which are the most common forms of payment in this country (since the debit card was invented). Checks and cash are still used often in person, of course, but e-commerce almost exclusively relies on credit/debit cards. Most of these retailers don't even have a way in their warehouses to accept/deposit anything other than electronic transactions.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I totally understand where the OP is coming from in his post I went to buy a song from Itunes but my computer won't accept dollar bills :lol:

I kid but seriously if you don't like using cards stores are probably your best bet. I got my serpa for cheep from a security store back in Alaska.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I bought my Serpa at a local Gun Store for a fraction of the price that was asked on the website! I carry it every day and have been completely satisfied with it from the very start!! See if you can find a place to order one and start wearing it. You'll find it's about one of the best Kydex holsters out there!!

SANDRAT

imported post

Hate to tell you this,but the factory is probably in Korea or China,they are just distributors,I go out of my way to buy made in USA,or at least from one of our true allies,it can be done,you just got to look harder

40s-and-wfan

imported post

SANDRAT wrote:
Hate to tell you this,but the factory is probably in Korea or China,
While I may run the risk of sounding disrespectful, what the heck difference does this make? If something works good and isn't exactly made here in the US, what difference does it make? I drive a Subaru, it's not made in the US, my dad drives a Nissan and I'm pretty sure it's foreign. I have friends that carry in holsters made outside of the US and also friends that carry guns made in foreign countries as well. That doesn't mean they work any worse or require a conversion chart to read the size of the bullet hole they make!! They'll kill you just as dead as an American Made gun and a foreign holster will carry just as good as a US-made one will. You get what you pay for!!

david.ross

imported post

40s,

The funny thing I find as well... US made stuff tends to have less quality builds, especially vehicles. This is a known fact. US has developed some type of lazy nation where people want money without doing proper work. :(

Dahwg

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Get a Safariland, they've better retention systems anyway. ;)

Or SpecOps. In other topic, the very nice Falco holsters have risen again if you want a pretty holster.

I know serpas are the favorite on this board bit I have to agree with this. The Safariland are much better. I own and use both but the Safariland is FAR and away the better holster. don't get me wrong, I think the serpa is good just think the Safariland SLS and ALS systems are just better

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Keep in mind though Dahwg, something may be far-and-away a more superior product, but it's always up to the user to determine that for themselves. Something may be better but everyone's gonna have their opinion.

david.ross

imported post

40s,

right, which goes to the wallet... you get what you pay for... well people buy serpa because of the price... While I do like Safariland's much better retention system, the price is what generally gets people. Many on the board which switch to Safariland are the ones who always go, "Well... I finally caved and an am going to pay for a safariland holster."

Dahwg

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
40s,

right, which goes to the wallet... you get what you pay for... well people buy serpa because of the price... While I do like Safariland's much better retention system, the price is what generally gets people. Many on the board which switch to Safariland are the ones who always go, "Well... I finally caved and an am going to pay for a safariland holster."

Excellent point! The Safarilamd is quite a bit pricier and while I think it's the more comfortable holster it is quite bulky. Can't go wrong with either one.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I got my Serpa for $40 and being a college student I never seem to have any money. I have never seen a safariland in action so I don't know how it works but I love the action on my Serpa and seeing as I need to buy a bike and food It doesn't look like I'll be in the holster market for awhile.

curtm1911

imported post

I have not seen a Safariland retention holster yet, can't comment on them. I do have 2 Serpas, Left Handed, for 1911's. Found them at Bass Pro Shop in Mesa. $29.95+ tax was a good deal IMO. It ain't always easy to find lefty equipment, and I usually scoop it up when found. I am open to looking into the Safariland gear, but being a southpaw. I guess I can expect a bit more problems finding one than you wrong handed people....:D, no offense, but we Lefties are the only ones in our Right minds, Scientific Fact..........BTW, I am Very satisfied with the Serpa.