• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Meeting minutes May 12, 2009

2fewdaysafield

imported post

Thank you! I'm from way up in the NW corner of Ct, but I will make meetings. Be real nice to find some like minded folks.

nviper

imported post

has anyone ever considered maybe holding every other meeting in a place more on the western side of ct to maybe attract some more people who would normally be turned off by the drive?

romma

imported post

Code:
has anyone ever considered maybe holding every other meeting in a place more on the western side of ct to maybe attract some more people who would normally be turned off by the drive?

Negative, we have people in Eastern CT too. If people want to show some willingness to be active, then maybe pool up with a couple people and make a road trip out of it.

The way I myself see it, we are geographically blessed to have a small State that is fairly symmetrical + a meeting place in the middle of the State. Trust me, trying toserve my fellow gun owners is worth the drive.

So come join us if you will nviper!

nviper

imported post

i attended the last meeting. i'm nick from naugatuck. i was just thinking that because i could see how that would turn some people off. i drove about 45 mins myself to get there.

romma

imported post

Glad you could make it. If you want to put your name below so Ican remember you, please do so.

When this thing launches to everybody across the State, the likelihood is, the majority of the members will not attend every month. That is practically a guarantee.

But, when we start doing funtions like showing to have Open Carry marches (if we do) and volunteering to take flyers and membership forms to gun shops and gun shows, things like this, some dedication will be in order for a lot of the members. We really do want a hands on active Org.

Scott

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Nick,

My wife and I have attended every meeting except one when I was extremely sick.

The drive for us coming from Stratford is close to an hour. Our organization is absolutely worth the long drive. Some people in our org put in many more hours (than just the drive time) behind the scenes to try to ensure the success of the CCDL.

We are a very new group and essentially we are the only game in town.

If members are dedicated to the cause than the drive will just be part of the once a month meeting time.

We hope that members will even volunteer their time for help with group activities which will take place all over the state, this will require driving and as Scott said "We are geographically blessed to have a small State"

Nick we hope to see you and any friends or family that you think would be interested in our cause, at the next meeting.

Lenny