• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Verizon Wireless

Utah_Patriot

imported post

On 12May2009 at 1000 hrs I entered the Verizon Wireless on 5600 West and Approx 3000 South next to five guys. Entered the store to pay my bill when a Davis Security Officer approched me and stated

Davis Security: Are you a cop

Me I am Not

Davis You can't carry that here it against the law

Me: no it is not

Davis Yes it is

Me: States the Utah Code to him

Davis I am calling the cops

Me: Go about paying my bill

Davis Outside calling WVCPD

Me Speaks to store manager Danny who has no problems and is caught in the middle of the situation and does not have a voice to tell the security officer to back down

Officer Ron Woods I belive is his name

RONALD M WOODS
KAYSVILLE
SECURITY COMPANIES & GUARDS
UNARMED PRIVATE SECURITY OFFICER
374732-6303
ACTIVE

I get in my car and drive away while the guard is attempting to get my plate which he did not get does not know my name or who I am kinda had to chuckle. Could just Imagine the conversation with the dispatch/officer

I called WVCPD to inform them what happened and give the officer my Name and my side of the story. Officer laughs ask if I have a valid CFP I stated yes he laughs and says thanks

I will be calling the District Supervisor tommorow to inform them what a crappy company they hired

here is the scary part

Unarmed s/o officer approches a armed suspect. Officer approches from the back and on my gun side does not Identify himself with his hand towards my firearm and in a abrupt motion approches me from behind.

where do they teach this in training. It could have been worse but was not

Where does a S/O get off telling me the law and the store manager I was breaking the law. When in fact he was wrong and caused a commotion with visitors in the store causing them to be concerned because of his behavior. He made everything worse when if he would have said nothing and Observed and reported what happened.

I will contact Davis Security and Verizon tommorow and keep you posted

Thanks

Zach

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well. Zach. At least THIS time you had WVCPD on YOUR side :lol:. They seemed to be up to par and not panicking. We have helped them along quite well.

Thank you for doing your part

TJ

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

The three C's: Cool, Calm, collected.

Well handled, gunsfreak.
41.gif

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Spoke with the general Manager for Verizon Mr Miller very pro gun and was very sorry it happened. As of today the security officer and the company was pulled from the store so no more Davis Security at Verizon

Very Positive I will continue my bussiness with verizon

Spoke with Davis Security General Manager and will re educate the guard and submitt him to more training

Very Positive have to Thank WVCPD For ther role in a positive outcome and of course TJ for educating the entire WVCPD on what not to do

swillden

imported post

Bravo! Well-handled, and the eventual outcome very NEARLY perfect. The only thing we could wish would have been a bit better (well, other than the security officer not being an idiot) was this:

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Officer laughs ask if I have a valid CFP I stated yes he laughs and says thanks
Whether or not you have a valid CFP is irrelevant. Well, if you were carrying loaded it's relevant, but assuming you didn't tell the officer you were carrying hot he had no reason to ask about your CFP.

Still, this is a HUGE improvement over TJ's early experiences with WVCPD.

Thanks TJ!

calmp9

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Spoke with the general Manager for Verizon Mr Miller very pro gun and was very sorry it happened. As of today the security officer and the company was pulled from the store so no more Davis Security at Verizon

Very Positive I will continue my bussiness with verizon

Spoke with Davis Security General Manager and will re educate the guard and submitt him to more training

Very Positive have to Thank WVCPD For ther role in a positive outcome and of course TJ for educating the entire WVCPD on what not to do
One thing Verizon Wireless is known for and that is their customer service. Some may not agree, but they have been rated very high on a consistent basis. That was a very positive experience.

Davis Security definitely needs to educate their guards on Utah gun carry laws and how to approach people they want to talk to.