• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lacrosse Tribune: Burgers, hot dogs and even guns at Sunday's open carry picnic

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/13/news/01guns.txt

Burgers, hot dogs and even guns at Sunday’s open carry picnic
By ANNE JUNGEN | ajungen@lacrossetribune.com

TOWN OF ONALASKA — Alcohol is prohibited during Sunday’s picnic at Marvin Gardens Park. Firearms are not.

A family-friendly picnic for those who favor open carry of firearms will be held from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, the first event of its kind in Wisconsin on public property, said organizer and gun rights enthusiast Hubert Hoffman.
The outdoor event celebrates Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen’s recent opinion to the state’s district attorneys that citizens should not be cited for disorderly conduct if openly carrying a firearm.

Everyone, including children and those who choose not to carry firearms, is welcome at the armed picnic, Hoffman said.

“This is a way for people who choose to open carry to see they are not alone,” he said. “It’s also a way of letting the public know that we are safe individuals, and we are not a danger or risk to the general public at large.”

Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, potato chips and soda will be provided at no cost.

While he can’t predict attendance, Hoffman said he’ll be happy if the event draws 30 people. He’s heard people plan to come from as far away as Milwaukee.

Hoffman has shelled out thousands of dollars to host the event. All proceeds raised from a donation bucket will be given to the Wisconsin Badger Camp.

He has not received “one iota” of negative feedback about the picnic, which will include discussions about gun laws in school zones and private vehicles.

The La Crosse County Sheriff’s Department is not planning increased patrols during the picnic, but any complaint will be investigated, said sheriff’s Capt. Mike Horstman.

“They’re doing what they’re legally entitled to do,” Horstman said.

Y2K

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:celebrateThis is the time to celebrate our rights since Dooyle vetoed our CCW lawyears ago. Mr. Hoffman should invite Mr.Doylee to the park, too, hehehe.

Thank you Mr. Hoffman for your brave idea. I wish I could come, but I have to work that day. :(

FMCDH

imported post

Superb! Kudos to you Mr. Hoffman!

Really wish I could be there, but Wisconsin is a bit far away for a Sunday picnic. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Please take some pictures that we may share in the festivities.

Events such as these serve multiple positive purposes: educational, promotes positive image, gathers like minded people, makes political statement and most important of all..........you'll have fun.

See samples of what has taken place in and around Va.
http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/

Yata hey

Marco

imported post

Is this our Mr. Hoffman?

Either way,:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:exclaim: