• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC Chesapeake Jubilee

IrRelevant

imported post

Haven't been in years, but i know that a few of the past years have had violence ensue. Any one know what the regulations are on weapons within the limits of the Jubilee/Park. Will they be scanning as you enter? I dont mind presenting my CHP if they are scanning, and continuing on about my business, just wasn't sure if they had any rules against it at all?

WhatTimeIsIt?

imported post

I don't see how they could prohibit firearms carry, because of preemption. But they may try anyway I guess. I went two years ago, don't recall any metal detectors.

paramedic70002

imported post

rhnhjh79 wrote:
in some spotsof it they sell beer so u would have to oc it but no guns there tryed last year told to leavehad to walk all the way back to car
You got wronged and didn't even get a Danbus consolation prize. Please play again.

IrRelevant

imported post

Just contacted the Chesapeake Police Department. The veryhelpful younglady i was speaking with spoke to the Capt. who stated that there is no reason why you can not CC as long as you have your permit readily available (obvious) and within the restricted area for ABC, you must have it open or they may prohibit weapons all together in the area.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

IrRelevant wrote:
Just contacted the Chesapeake Police Department. The veryhelpful younglady i was speaking with spoke to the Capt. who stated that there is no reason why you can not CC as long as you have your permit readily available (obvious) and within the restricted area for ABC, you must have it open or they may prohibit weapons all together in the area.
That doesn't sound promising.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Wouldn't this be a special event? Not a restaurant or Club?

ed wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
If I'm reading this right, I think what ThunderRanch and ed are getting at is that an event like the special patio setup is a one time event, and not an "established place" that "regularly" serves meals and tasty adult beverages. Even if the area is contiguous to the restaurant, as in the Country Club example, if is is not regularly part of the serving area, then I don't think the prohibition on CC applies.

I think it would be just like Harborfest or one of the Herndon/Reston/Fairfax festivals. The restaurant may set up and sell food/drink, but because it is not "established" and "regular", CC is okay. That is how I interpret the statute, but I'm not a judge, or even a lawyer. Denny Crane!

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”
+ 1
:question::question:

edited to add link to thread this came from: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=15473&forum_id=54&highlight=ABC+Special+Event

jebsurf

imported post

I will be there tonight watching the fireworks and I will be carrying . I was going to go last night but with the rain and everything the family and I decided to say at home.